Pages

Tuesday, 19 June 2012

Thankyou

Thankyou everyone for your good wishes.  Unfortunately Beki has gone downhill today. She is very poorly and the Kusadasi vet is taking her to the vet hospital in Aydin tomorrow morning.  He also states clearly that Mehmet's medical procedures were fine..no mistakes on his part.   But of course leaving her outside in searing heat with no water on Sunday is NOT a medical procedure is it?   Just neglect.

I don't know who to believe or trust.  The only small reassurance I have is that my friend Karen (from T.A.G) is knowledgable when it comes to vets here, and she feels that if the Aydin vets think there is no hope then they will insist on doing the right thing.

Anyway, my feeling is that she has had enough.  I would like her to go peacefully now. She can't stand up. It's as if her legs are paralysed.  However, Mr A's beliefs are that only God/Allah can give or take life.  So he wants to continue with all this.

I know Mr A adores Beki but I don't share his beliefs.  How is it that muslims can believe this, but can continue to see the cruelty and neglect being dished out daily to dogs and cats on the streets of this country?

This is not a personal criticism of my husband, but of a religion that I think is  hypocritical in so many ways.

Apologies if this causes offence to anyone, but it's really hard for me at the moment because the control over Beki's destiny seems to have been removed from me completely.

I'm now back at home with Poppy.  I can't bear to watch what's happening to Beki and know that at this point in time, I can do nothing to ease her suffering.

21 comments:

  1. so sorry Ayak, stay strong, lots of love J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about Beki! I would also find it hard to watch an animal I love suffer so much. Who know she may recover. Sending hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor you, such worry. I'm also very worried about the vets bills building up. Can we help you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't even begun to think about KV. Thankyou. You're very kind, but we'll manage, don't worry xxx

      Delete
  4. {{hugs}} to you, Ayak. Poor little Beki.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bloody hypocritical religion. I've seen what comes into the Brooke hospital in Luxor...when someone 'outside' intervenes.

    I feel for you almost more than I feel for Beki...and that's a lot.
    French vets want to go one of two ways...dismissal or right down to the line and it's so difficult to keep control over what happens to your friend. How much worse in a different culture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fly. I am a foreigner. I am a woman. And I am not a muslim. Three strikes against me here. I don't have any control. It's all wrong and I don't know which way to turn.

      Delete
  6. I do hope you can do the right thing for your dog, Ayak. I couldn't watch my dog suffering. Dogs do not thank God or Allah for their lives - especially if they are in pain. Big hugs and cart loads of sympathy - I agree, it's wrong when you don't feel able to make the decisions that are right for you. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. I just want what's best for Beki and don't feel like I have any say in it. xxx

      Delete
  7. It just seems to be hypocritical doesn't it? Double standards and all that.
    I would insist on having her put down. In fact as you believe it is the right thing to do then it wouldn't be Mr A's fault, would it? Couldn't he live with that if you gave the order?
    Be strong.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie. I don't believe he could live with it. I have tried to reason with him and we have had massive arguments over the past couple of days. Although he has agreed that what is being carried out at Aydin this morning will be the last attempt to save her if they say there is nothing more that can be done. He wants to believe in a miracle. I'm afraid I am more realistic. A miracle would be wonderful though xx

      Delete
  8. Thinking of you and hoping for a miracle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so torn up that your little Beki has to suffer...and regret that your part in the decision making for her has been taken away. No matter what one believes in...life can be so unbearably cruel. My heart cries for you and Beki!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ayak, I'm just catching up and am so sorry for what you and Beki have been going through over the past week. I too cannot understand how anyone could leave an animal to suffer as Beki is suffering. I do fel very much for you at this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erica. I didn't publish your comment, but I do appreciate it. When you read my post today you will understand xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x