Wednesday, 26 September 2012

I wish I had photos.....

...of my trip to England.  Sadly I don't.  Not even one.

I didn't take my camera.  It seemed pointless because I can no longer upload photos onto my netbook.  Although it occurred to me when I arrived that it may just have been a problem with the Turkish netbook.  So I should have taken the camera because perhaps it would work with this new netbook?

I can take photos on my phone, but they are awful.  In any case the phone is on it's last legs. The battery has been replaced twice but I still have to charge the damn thing 3 or 4 times a day.

My daughter has a camera and also a phone which takes really good photos, but it didn't get used.

Why?  It was just all too hectic.  Not much time to catch breath let alone take photos.  We had a party to organise the day after I arrived, the clear-up the following day, and every day after that seemed to be taken up with the boys.  Stella is exhausted.  For months now, Jimi has taken to waking up several times during the night.  Because the house only has two bedrooms, the boys sleep together.  Stella worries about Billy's sleep being disturbed by Jimi screaming, so after several attempts at settling him, she eventually takes Jimi into her bed, where he promptly goes back to sleep.  He's a clever little chap.  He knows exactly what he's doing and it works every time.

However, it's a habit that needs to be broken and since I returned home on Monday, a new plan is underway.  Stella's husband usually sleeps through all this, and she has been reluctant to disturb him because he has to get up early for a long day at work.  But we all had a chat about it and he is happy to be woken up by Stella to go in and settle Jimi when he starts screaming.  He knows it's going to mean a lot less sleep for him but that the end result will be worth it.  So far, so good.  It seems to be doing the trick.

Stella's husband managed to take the day off work on Stella's birthday on the 19th and looked after the boys so that I could take her out to our favourite restaurant for lunch.  I then babysat in the evening so that they could go out together.  A rare occurrence for them.  I did the same again on Friday night.  I always feel guilty that I'm not around to babysit on a regular basis so I like them to make the most of my services when I visit.

All too soon, Sunday arrived and I packed my bag and left for home.  Last week now seems like a distant memory...but a very happy one.  I adore my grandsons.  Billy now calls me  "Turkey Dog Nanny" by the way. Not particularly flattering but I love it!   

 At least I will be there for 3 weeks in December and maybe there will be enough time to take photos!

11 comments:

  1. Turkey Dog Nanny undeed! That boy has a future in advertising...all the essentials in one phrase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name Turkey Dog Nanny hehehehe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It could be worse greygirl! And congratulations to you Granny xxxx

      Delete
    2. thankyou saw her last night shes beautiful had a good cuddle with her xx

      Delete
  3. Oh I love that name! Take your camera next time even if you don't think you'll be able to upload. Maybe you could put them on your daughter's computer to save for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Jan. I definitely intend to take lots of photos next time x

      Delete
  4. With that name - he has to come and visit his Nanny in Turkey and meet the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard not to have photos to share but you have now another store of memories, even if no one else can see them. Turkey Dog Nanny is great - I'm sure Janice will have something to say about this too! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Annie. The memories are always there x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x