Tuesday, 18 September 2012

In at the deep end

My lovely friend BacktoBodrum collected Poppy on Friday afternoon and kindly dropped me off at the airport.  I was surprised to see her right arm in plaster (see what happened HERE) but she is made of strong stuff and is clearly determined that her injury won't prevent her driving.

After two flights I arrived at my daughter's home at midnight and straight to bed (on the sofa).  None of us had a great deal of sleep as Jimi has been waking up in the early hours for some time now.

Saturday was filled with the company of two lively toddlers and trying to prepare for my daughter's birthday party to be held in the evening.  It went very well and everyone had a good time.  Billy had taken himself off to his mum and dad's bed and late evening I popped up to check on him.  I settled down for a cuddle with him and promptly fell asleep.   And there I stayed until morning.  My daughter told me Billy and I looked so cosy she didn't want to disturb us.  I didn't realise quite how tired I was.

Up early Sunday morning and as I had had more sleep than anyone else and wasn't hungover I cleared up the debris from the party.

I'm writing this post on my new netbook, whilst not only trying to get used to the English keyboard, but attempting conversations with Billy and Jimi.  Not easy!  I still have some work to do on setting up the netbook and downloading certain things,  but this week is not the time to do it!

The boys are exhausting but I am enjoying absolutely every moment with them.

24 comments:

  1. It all sounds lovely, busy and happy. Enjoy it all. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Ayak. I so like the idea of you and Billy asleep in the big bed together - and being left there - how lovely.
    Have a great time.
    Axx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. Billy's very cuddly so it was easy to fall asleep.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ayayk...glad you made it safe and sound to your daughter's home. Looks like you are having a fun time with your grandchildren...I'm sure they missed you.
    Too bad about B to B......just awful. But nice of her to look after your doggy...She's in good hands.
    Enjoy your new netbook. Erica.
    Hope the weather is good and a Happy Birthday to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. It"s the actual birthday tomorrow so we will be going out to lunch. I'm very lucky to have BtoB look after Poppy. She is indeed in good hands.

      Delete
  4. Glad you are having a great time xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your version of the babes in the woods...you must have been absolutely whacked!

    You're really going to enjoy yourself, that's clear....and you can catch up on sleep when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was VERY tired Fly...and yes proper sleep can wait till I get home x

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your new computer and the party sounded like it was a huge hit! Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kisses duly delivered to Poppy. Mr. A rang this morning to check that his baby was OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou BtoB. Ah I thought he might. I sometimes think he misses Poppy more than me :-)

      Delete
  8. Good to hear you arrived safely. Enjoy your new netbook - setting a new machine up always seems to be a work ın progress. And enjoy time wıth your family in the UK. We hear the weather there is reasonable at present!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks omentide. The weather has been pretty good but it's been getting colder over the last day or so x

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I have been reading your blog for a while and just wanted to say how much I love it. We have so many things in common and so many of your posts have helped me. I hope you have a great holiday in England, Danielle.
    P.S. Please don't delete me as I am going to try and publish under anonymous. I have tried to do it the other way and have already lost two comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle and welcome. Thankyou for your lovely comment. It's so annoying when you lose posts isn't it? Although I don't normally post Anonymous comments I'm happy to do so if you leave your name on the post.

      Delete
  11. Thanks. Will continue to post under anonymous until I work out how to do otherwise. Have a good day. Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No need to tell you to have a wonderful time because I know you are going to do just that.
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. I have had a hectic but wonderful time..back home tomorrow.

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x