Pages

Friday, 19 October 2012

Ooops

Apologies to those of you who tried to play the music clip that I posted up yesterday.  It played perfectly for me yesteday but today it wouldn't.  I tried for half an hour to sort it out but to no avail.  So I've deleted the post.  I never had problems with posting up videos before Blogger changed everything...so I'll blame them (even though it's probably me!)

Anyway thankyou Fly, Maggie and Perpetua for your comments.

I had an enjoyable few days with my friend Gwen.  Although we chat regularly on the phone and she is only a couple of bus rides away, circumstances meant that we hadn't actually seen each other for about four months so we had a lot of catching up to do.

We are both chatterboxes and we don't stop for breath.  It's exhausting but very enjoyable.

The weather here is glorious with temperatures reaching as much as 33 degrees during the day. 

Mr A is still away working in Antalya.  There aren't many customers so he's not earning much, just enough for his everyday needs.  But he has accommodation and all meals, and it keeps him occupied.  No doubt he will return home at the end of the month for a couple of days and then set off again...probably to Istanbul, to work for the winter.  I sometimes forget I'm actually married!

We make plans every year to avoid being in this situation, but somehow it never quite works out.  He has tried very hard to find a "normal" job but when you have worked for so many years in tourism, it's really not that easy.   I don't like it but after 14 years I'm pretty much used to it.  Before moving to this village nearly 4 years ago it didn't seem much of a problem because we lived in areas where I had friends close by, but here it's completely different.  Too far away from everything.

On the positive side, I still love waking up every day to the village sounds and the view to die for, and if this lovely weather continues for a bit longer, that's a bonus!

Have a good weekend everyone xx



12 comments:

  1. A relief to know it wasn't just me that couldn't play the clip, Ayak. I keep blaming our dodgy phone line for everything that doesn't work online. :-)

    It must be hard to have MR A away for so very much of the time, so I'm glad you had such a lovely time with Gwen and the weather is being so kind to you. Over here it's about 10 degrees and misty. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I haven't been able to pack away my summer clothes yet Perpetua. Today it's very pleasant indeed...late 20s...perfect for me. Sorry the weather's so miserable where you are x

      Delete
  2. And whilst on the subject of blogging problems I would just add that Perpetua..your comments are amongst the one or two that manage to get through to my mailbox via email notification...very few others do. I don't however get email notifications for mine and others' comments on your blog..nor in fact on anyone elses blogs.

    And now to top it all...for the last couple of days there are blogs which I cannot even comment on. I have no idea why. I'm typing...pressing the button...and nothing. Well nothing actually being "this page cannot be displayed". This is driving me nuts.

    So to anyone whose blogs normally receive a comment from me and haven't done so in recent days..this is the reason...I am reading though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ayak, just a thought, but could there perhaps be a problem with your cookie settings on your new netbook? It seems to me that your commenting problems seem to date from after you got it. You need to have third party cookies enabled for the Blogger comment system to work properly.

      Since the blip with email notifications not getting through at the end of last week, I seem to be getting them as normal now. Fingers crossed this continues....

      Delete
    2. Ah maybe that's it Perpetua. I'll check it out. Thankyou x

      Delete
  3. Hey Ayak..... I managed to listen to the clip, I even called my husband to listen to it. He doesn't know any new singers too much living here and when he visits Turkey he buys come new CD's.

    That's too bad Mr. A is always away at work. Hopefully things will change in the future for the better.
    That was a nice break to spend some time with your friend Gwen and catch up on things.
    Love your weather...I'm jealous, we have had to turn the heat on for a month almost every morning and at night it's at the frezing point..... next week supposed to be an Indian Summer so we shall see.

    take care and enjoy your day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you and your husband managed to listen to the clip before I lost it Erica. I found it on a Facebook page that I follow. They post up clips of really interesting music from all over the world. If your husband is on Facebook, here is the link to the page concerned https://www.facebook.com/#!/EvReNSeLMuZiKK

      Let's hope you get your Indian Summer next week!

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the link....my husband 'liked' it for Facebook. I'm sure he will enjoy it..... have a great day!!!!

      Delete
  4. I'm glad I caught it then...
    It's a dilemma,isn't it...it's beautiful where you live, but isolated when Mr. A has to work away.
    It's a good thing you are resourceful...still in awe of your musical retaliation a few posts ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I won't know if they really got the message Fly as they probably won't be back again until next year, by which time they will have forgotten and it may start all over again. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the peace!

      Delete
  5. Hello Ayak, just today I read your posts through google reader and clicked on the clip (in your deleted post :)) It worked for me. Here is something I found and thought you and your readers may enjoy :)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AU1URy1aB0

    Greetings from Istanbul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi koszyczek and welcome to my blog. Thankyou very much for the link. I've added it to my favourites..it's a good one to have playing in the background while I do other things. Thanks again x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x