Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Things that work

The antibiotics have worked.  I am feeling so much better today.

My camera hasn't been working for some time.  I wasn't too concerned for a while because in any case I couldn't, for some reason, upload photos on my old netbook.

Today I took the camera into Milas to see if it could be fixed.  As it turned out it was a very simple problem, easily sorted, and the man in the shop refused payment.  Turkish people can be so kind and helpful.

I have mentioned before on my blog about the variety of items that people load onto the village bus.  When I once said that a live sheep was on the bus, you could be forgiven for not believing me.  However, because I had my camera with me today, I have photographic evidence.  As I stepped on to the bus in the centre of town, it was almost full of passengers...and a ram in the gangway..which I had to climb over to get into the only available seat.  Don't ask me why it was on the bus.  As everyone else took it in their stride and didn't bat an eyelid, it seemed inappropriate to ask.

Anyway, as you can see I have managed to upload the photos onto my "new" netbook (exactly the same model as the old one, only English) with no problem at all.

Here's a photo of Poppy and her new bed.  I bought it last week but she was very wary and it took her two days to pluck up the courage to get in it.  It's so cozy that it's difficult to get her out of it now.



I may not be around for a few days as my friend Gwen (the one who is married to Suleyman) is staying with me. It's almost the end of the season and she is bored at the hotel in Bitez and needed a break.  I haven't seen her for ages and we have lots of catching up to do, so not much time for the internet.  I'll catch up with all your blogs later this week.

14 comments:

  1. Hooray! Glad you're feeling better Ayak, and now have not only a working camera but a friend visiting you. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing is certainly believing!And they think buses here are unconventional!

    That bed for Poppy looks so cozy...I'm not showing it to mine who are competing for possession of my cleaning cloths box rashly put on the ground while clearing out for the kitchen rebuild.

    Have a lovely catch up with Gwen...feeling better and good company will really lift your spirits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fly. The antibiotics and Gwen have certainly made me feel a lot better.

      Just allowing myself 10 mins on the netbook,,then it's back to catching up. I can't believe how much we find to talk about..we haven't stopped since yesterday!

      Delete
  3. Poppy looks so adorable resting in the lil' plushy bed....very relaxing. I can see why she doesn't want to leave it too often.

    hehehehe...to funny with a ram on the Dolmus. I hope he wasn't going to be somebody's dinner. I can't imagine one of these rams on the subway here.
    Have fun with your friend Gwen....it will be good to sit and catch up on some girly gossip. take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. I was listening to the man on the bus with the ram talking to another man and trying to understand what they were saying. If I interpreted it right I think the ram was being taken to mate with one (or maybe more) of his ewes. (Although with my poor Turkish I could be completely wrong!)

      Delete
    2. Ohhh...forgot to mention I'm glad that your antibiotics are working. Hope you feel better soon.

      Delete
    3. Thankyou very much Erica xx

      Delete
    4. So glad that your antibiotics are working...

      We had a wonderful experience of Turkish helpfulness today, but Ashley is saving it for our own blog.

      Delete
    5. Thanks Hilary.

      And I look forward to reading about your wonderful experience.

      Delete
  4. Glad you are feeling better. I haven't seen a ram on a dolmuş for years - thanks for the picture. What have you done with Poppy's old bed? She was very attached to it, despite not quite fitting into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BtoB. I left Poppy's old bed out as well, so that she had a choice! But this new one is so soft and cozy that after the initial hesitance, she wasn't interested in the old one at all!

      Delete
  5. Loved the photo of Poppy in her snug bed.
    Hope you are completely better now.
    Is Blogger letting you get email comments now?
    Maggie X

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I;m much better thanks Maggie.

      I'm still not getting email comments. Well one or two manage to get through, but yours didn't. So I have to keep checking my dashboard. Bit of a nuisance really x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x