Pages

Sunday, 4 November 2012

Writing contest

I recently told you about being nominated for an award by Expat Blogs.  And some of you  have left comments on the page at the Expat Blogs website. 

I am overwhelmed by the lovely comments you wrote and I want to thank you all very much for taking the time to do this.  It is really appreciated.

Being a little bored this week, and with plenty of time on my hands, I  did an interview with them and this will be appearing sometime this week.

They are also running a contest four times a year, and the first one had a closing date of 31st October.  I decided to enter, as have many others from all over the world.

I don't expect to win, but it's helping to keep my brain cells ticking over.  As they say...use it or lose it!

The entries will be judged this week, and we have been encouraged to share our contributions on Facebook, Twitter and our blogs.

This is the link to my entry:  http://www.expatsblog.com/contests/10/my-life-in-turkey
if you would like to read it.  Apparently it will also help with the judging if people leave comments after the entry.  So if you feel inclined to do so, I will of course be very grateful.

Thankyou xxx

14 comments:

  1. Have done.
    That was a super article...no rose tinted specs but plenty of hinest enjoyment.
    Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Fly. It is what it is...just me..nothing special about it, and there are some super writers in this contest. But I enjoyed taking part xx

      Delete
  2. A wonderful piece of writing, Ayak, and I've just said as much. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Perpetua...you're very kind xx

      Delete
  3. Ditto all the above Ayak. I so enjoy your writing. J.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really good piece Ayak. Fingers crossed for the prize.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BtoB. There seem to be a lot of entries from professional writers so I'm not holding my breath!

      Delete
  5. Done! I didn't know lots of those things about you. Should I have done? After so long, I feel quite ignorant, sorry. It was written really geninely. Well done x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KV I think I've touched on some of these things over the years since I've been blogging but perhaps with no great emphasis. I guess putting it all together in this one piece, gives a better picture. Anyway...thankyou so much for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  6. Crossing my fingers and toes for the prize......what a nice romantic' story....well done and written. I'm always waiting to read what is next in your village life......
    Your story should be turned into a novel.....:-)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Erica, and I'm very grateful for the lovely comment you left on my entry page xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x