Tuesday, 11 December 2012

Day 5......

...and it feels like I've never been away.   The boys are developing so fast.  I can't believe how much Jimi has changed since I saw him in September.  He has an incredible amount of vocabulary for a 20 month old.   He recognised me immediately and calls me Nana (an improvement on Billy's name for me...Turkey Dog Nanny)

As my daughter and son-in-law were out on Saturday night and the boys were staying with their other grandparents, I used the opportunity to catch the train down to Swindon to visit a friend (a good friend I made through blogging 3 years ago).  We have met up previously in Reading but this is the first time I have visited her at home. We had a great time...chatting...and chatting...and more chatting. I stayed the night and after she and her husband took me out to a local restaurant for breakfast on Sunday morning, I caught the train home.

I also had a phone call from another blogging friend yesterday.  She is in England at the moment but, like me, has very little spare time.  We had hoped to meet up but it just wasn't possible.   The phone call was lovely.  We have communicated for a few years now but this was the first time we had heard each others voices, and it was really great to hear from her.  Don't you just love the way we make such wonderful friends through blogging?

 And talking of blogging.  I have so little time at the moment so please forgive me for not leaving comments on your blogs.  I'm reading as much as time allows, and doing this post very early in the morning before the boys get up and the fun begins.  I'll catch up when I can.

It's going to be a busy time in the run up to Christmas.  Tomorrow I will go to Billy's nursery to hear the children sing Christmas songs, and next Wednesday I have a day out planned for just Billy and me.  We are going to Windsor to do his Christmas shopping.  He will be able to choose his presents for his mummy, daddy and Jimi.  We'll visit Santa, and have lunch out together.

In the meantime I'm doing as much babysitting as possible to enable my daughter and son-in-law to do their shopping and to have some much needed time out for themselves.  Jimi is such a handful.  He's incredibly energetic and wakes up on and off every night.  I don't know how they cope with so little sleep.

My teeth are fine now.  Only 2 more days of antibiotics and then I can have a glass (or 6) of wine.  Let the celebrations begin!

He looks like a little angel...looks can be deceptive!

..but Billy really is a little angel!


40 winks after nursery yesterday..wrong time to be sleeping Jimi!

8 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're feeling better and enjoying your visit so much, Ayak. Plenty of time for commenting when you get back. It sounds like you've got lots of activities planned with that lovely family of yours. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm much better thanks Perpetua. Just as well as I need to be fighting fit for these two boys!

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy that you are enjoying your time.....and best of all you are feeling better. Kids are adorable and I can see they have really grown.Hopefully you might meet another Blogger in the spring time...ME. I'll try and get myself down your way from Izmir. :-)
    Take care....XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. I certainly hope we will get a chance to meet up. Izmir isn't too far away so it may be possible xx

      Delete
  3. Isn't it nice to have children around at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is BtoB. I think they make Christmas so special x

      Delete

  4. lovely photographs....isn't is amazing how children will drop off to sleep when you don't want them to...

    Roll on the glass or six of wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Fly..they always manage to sleep when you don't want them to. Touch wood we have had 3 compete untinterrupted nights sleep from Jimi...a first in 20 months..lets hope it lasts.

      The wine drinking has begun I'm pleased to say x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x