Pages

Monday, 14 January 2013

Four down...one to go...

..fillings that is.

Two more fillings were done today and they are excellent.  It was worse than Friday's appointment though.  Much more drilling, which took well over an hour.  But only one more to be done on Thursday and that will be it for the time being.

You will be pleased to learn that I wasn't subjected to a repeat performance of The Sound of Music today.  The dentist asked me if I would like to listen to some music, and what kind of music I'd like.  I said classical music would be nice. I felt this would be more relaxing.

"Oh good" he replied "I have quite a collection of classical music" and he got out a large collection of CDs.   To be honest I just wanted to get on with the treatment.  I hate all this waiting about.  So I suggested he chose one.   He told me he had a compilation of different classical pieces so suggested he played that.  Fine by me.

I settled down in the chair, and had my injections to the accompaniment of Nessun Dorma.  Wonderful...very relaxing.   When the drilling started the music seemed to gather pace.  There were an awful lot of loud marching-type tracks, and a couple of overtures thrown in for good measure....Tchaikovsky's 1812 and the William Tell overture.  Much too frantic and did nothing to calm my nerves.

For my last appointment on Thursday, I will do what Janice suggested and take one of my own CDs.
I think a little bit of George Michael could be quite soothing. 

14 comments:

  1. I am sorry...I laughed like a drain at the idea of having teeth drilled to the sound of the 1812 Overture...still, at least it wasn't the Radetsky March....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Fly, the Radetsky March was also included. I wasn't sure of the name of that particular piece even though it was very familiar, butI googled it and found it on Youtube.

      Delete
  2. I must ask... did Erdem Bey work in time to the music? I have visions of him going like the clappers in time to the William Tell overture :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lilli fortunately he didn't work in time to the music but he sang along..no words, just kind of making what he must have thought were the sounds of the instruments.

      Delete
  3. Did he include Mozart's 40th? We used to call that the go faster song....

    Hope the rest of the work goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He might have done omentide but I would have to google it. I recognise so many classical pieces but don't always remember the composer or title!

      Looking forward to getting the last appointment out of the way

      Delete
  4. Yikes! I am terrified of dentists (bad experience when I was a kid) and that would have freaked me out completely! It was bad enough reading about it! Am going to have to go have a cuppa to recover :-)

    C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not much fun Carol. I tense my neck and shoulders till they ache, and grip my hands together so tightly that I think my fingers will break! I admit to feeling a bit faint at times too. Glad I only have one more appointment.

      Delete
  5. Nearly there Ayak. Howver unpleasant going to the dentist is....nothing is worse than tooth ache in the middle of the night...just keep reminding yourself of that. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true Janice. And I do also remind myself that these teeth have been around for an awful long time so they're worth taking care of!

      Delete
  6. I'm hoping this dentist also dances - a fitting finale for your last filling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be something BtoB?

      Delete
  7. The thought of dentistry to the accompaniment of the 1812 overture made me smile, Ayak. Do you think your dentist thought loud music would cover the sound of the drill? Taking your own sounds like the best solution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult to know what he was thinking Perpetua but I would have preferred something a little more calming. I am definitely taking one of my own CDs tomorrow.

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x