Pages

Friday, 18 January 2013

The Finale

I went back to the dentist yesterday for my final appointment.  Just one filling this time, so I wasn't quite so nervous.  I meant to take one of my CDs to play, but I came out of the house in a hurry, so forgot it.

Erdem, the dentist, called me into the surgery.  He was sat at his desk, and I sat on the other side.  He said "I have found a fantastic video to show you".  Oh dear...here we go again.   It was the Russian Red Army choir, along with cossak dancers and acrobats.  Lots of loud, hearty singing, and leaping about....and that was just Erdem!

Oh well, I thought, this will obviously be the accompaniment for my treatment today.

He made no move to get up and start treatment.  We just sat there watching the video.   I was getting more anxious by the minute and just wanting to get this last filling out of the way.  But Erdem was in no hurry (why are Turks so laid back?).   The video lasted 20 minutes and we sat through till the end.

At last...time for my filling.   This was a difficult one.  The reason he had left it until last.  It needed three lots of anaesthetic injections, and an awful lot of drilling.  Fortunately, the music which accompanied this was some gentle instrumental  film tracks.

At last it was done....and an excellent job too.

Today, my mouth and jaw are a little stiff, but my teeth feel great. 

Unless there are any problems in the meantime, I won't be seeing Erdem again for another six months.   I have mixed feelings about this.  On the one hand, I hate having dental treatment...but I will miss the entertainment!



20 comments:

  1. So he did dance for the last one....result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not quite cossak dancing BtoB...more jigging about on one foot then the other...but yep, result!

      Delete
  2. I would always prefer to watch Russians kicking their feet in the air rather than seeing my own while the dentist drills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Ayak. He'll have you looking forward to your dental appointments yet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure anything could make me actually look forward to dental appts Perpetua x

      Delete
  4. tooo funny...I can just imagine you sitting there watching the video for 20 min. I bet when he knows you are coming next time he will be on the lookout for a new video to show you.
    Yes....the Turks are laid back I noticed...here it is rush...rush...rush...and more money.
    Happy you finished for the time being at least.
    How's your doggy doing?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a very long 20 minutes Erica!

      Poppy is doing fine thanks Erica. I think she still misses Beki and gets a bit lonely at times. I'd like to get another one but it's so difficult getting two looked after when I'm away.

      Delete
  5. Oh, sitting through Cossack dances and the Red Army choir waiting for the drilling to start...shudder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fly...I kept wanting to ask when we were going to get started, but he was enjoying the video so much, I just waited it out!

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad your ordeal is over, and has provided you, and us with so much entertainment. He does sound like a keeper....and if he's a good dentist, which it sounds as if he is, then all the better. Hope the weather has improved for you. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice, I was a little exasperated at times because I just wanted all this over as quickly as possible, but he is just so nice, I didn't have the heart to hurry him up.

      Weather awful today...storms, torrential rain and gale force winds..not a good combination. Am starting to think I would prefer your snow!

      Delete
  7. The Russian dancing would drown out your screams!
    Seriously....... glad that the treatment is over and hope you will get no further trouble.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie...no more screams for a while :-)

      Delete
  8. I have loved this little ongoing glimpse into your life (was going to put mouth, but that's not quite right, is it!) I really hate going to the dentist too but I would make the effort for Erdem. He sounds just my sort. Thank you so much for sharing it so beautifully with us.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Annie. I don't think Erdem will take away my fear of dental treatment, but he has certainly made my visits entertaining. He really is a very nice man.

      Delete
  9. So glad to hear your dental treatment has been successfully completed.

    Isn't the weather awful? It hailed here this morning just as we were about to leave for market.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi omentide. Yes we also had some hail a couple of days ago. Gale force winds and torrential rain ever since. Today it's not raining, nor windy, but very overcast and gloomy.

      Delete
    2. And when we were in the market a parasol attacked me!

      Delete
    3. Ah yes I saw that on Facebook Hilary. This wind can be so vicious! Hope there's no lasting damage x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x