Tuesday, 19 February 2013

Update

Thankyou so much everyone for your very kind words and good wishes after Mr A's motorbike accident.  I really appreciated them.

I thought you might like an update on Mr A and the motorbike.

After another visit to the hospital yesterday morning, it was established that he has no serious damage, so I guess time will heal all the aches and pains.

As far as the motorbike is concerned, we had a discussion about what to do.  There seemed to be quite extensive damage.  At first the motorbike repairman estimated around 900 lira, but on further inspection this went up to 1200 lira.   It's a lot of money, and to be honest I think vehicles are never quite the same after this sort of accident.

The other alternative was to try to sell it to the repairman in it's present state.  He wasn't interested,  Mr A tried a few other workshops, and they weren't interested either.  He went back to the original man who offered him a deal on another motorbike in exchange for ours.  This motorbike is a smaller model.  Mr A at first thought it was brand new, because it's in excellent condition, but it's not new.  After much haggling the man agreed to let Mr A have the bike, but we need to pay an additional 750 lira.

After working out the figures...ie the cost of repair, the value after repair, the cost of the new bike, etc we decided that this was probably the best option.  Cheaper and a lot less hassle.   The man accepted 200 lira deposit and the paperwork was signed, and he allowed Mr A to bring the bike home.  We will pay the balance next week.  I love the way people here are so trusting!

In an ideal world, we would have had the bike repaired...sold it...and bought a car.  But it's not an ideal world, so we have to make the best of it.

Mr A arrived home late last night.  He is still in pain, but he's getting better.  This morning he made an attempt to potter in the garden, but he's really not up to it yet, so knowing he hates sitting around the house, I sent him off to the teahouse.

Life goes on!

26 comments:

  1. So glad he is home, and improving. I hope he is having an excellent time at the tea house at this very moment. It must all be hard for you, but the work situation must be horrible for him too. I really admire the way he goes off looking for work opportunities, and the way you support him. Despite the difficulties, you seem to have something very special between you. take care of yourself Ayak, lots and lots of love Jxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Janice. It's not always plain sailing with the two of us, that's for sure, but we do have an awful lot to be thankful for xxx

      Delete
  2. Glad to know that things have moved on. Let's hope this new(er) bike is a good one - and safe! I think the teahouse is probably the best place for Mr A just now. There's no point having him moaning at home - send him off to a captive audience. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie, I'm not sure any motorbike is really safe, but Mr A is generally a very careful driver. Oh he will most definitely have a captive audience at the teahouse..it will be the most exciting thing that's happened to anyone in the village for some time! xxx

      Delete
  3. Yes...life does go on. Glad to see that Mr. A managed to get another ride of some kind. Those teahouses are sometimes a life saver. Mine use to go regularly and now he doesn't even want to go once....said it's boring.Those people just make him depressed.
    At least Mr. A tries to make himself busy.....well wishing you both the best....and maybe a new door will open soon for him.
    .........have a good day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Erica. I think he also gets bored with the teahouse sometimes, which is why he keeps busy in the garden, but he can't manage much of that today. xx

      Delete
  4. So glad to hear he's okay! (I haven't been online in a few days)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Deniz...nice to see you, hope you are well xx

      Delete
  5. Thank goodness, I wish Mr A. employment nearer home. Short journeys rather than long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew...... thats a relief. Makes you realise how lives are more important in the end...... though it does help if you do have a bit of cash to help with emergencies etc.
    I do hope that things improve over the next few days and weeks.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it's sod's law Maggie. These things always happen when money is in short supply. But there are more important things than money!

      Delete
  7. It's never dull is it. Much love x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's not KV..I wouldn't mind a little bit of dull sometimes though xxx

      Delete
  8. Hi Ayak! Obviously I've missed the story while we were away but I do hope Mr A is OK and not feeling too down. What a shame. Geçmiş olsun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Claudia. I hope you enjoyed your trip. xxx

      Delete
  9. I'm glad there was no real damage - though I bet he's pretty sore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes quite sore Helen. Although men do tend to wallow in it a bit more than we do!

      Delete
  10. So happy to hear he has got home safely, and that he won't be riding a dodgily repaired moto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks omentide. Although we have undoubtedly lost money on this deal, I am relieved. I wasn't happy about getting the bike repaired, regardless of the cost. You know as well as I do that you can never be certain here that repairs will be undertaken properly. If it had been in Milas, it wouldn't have been so bad,because Mr A knows a good repairman.

      Delete
  11. I have been completely out of the loop and managed to miss that Mr A had had an accident! I'm so sorry to hear that but very relieved to read that it's aches and pains and nothing too serious!

    *hugs* to you both

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad the news is better today, Ayak, though i'm sorry Mr A is still in pain. The tea-house sounds like the best place for him to recuperate. I'm relieved you've bought another bike rather than trying to to get the old one repaired. Fingers crossed he'll soon be using it to go to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perpetus. Yes it is a relief to have a different bike. I wasn't confident about getting the other one fixed properly. x

      Delete
  13. Linda sorry to hear of Kaya's accident. Hope he's feeling a bit better. I hate motorbikes - they terrify me :( xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi deb. He's much better thanks. It's not so much motorbikes that terrify me, but the way in which car drivers seem inconsiderate towards them. Not all car drivers of course, but many of them.

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x