Pages

Tuesday, 26 February 2013

Work in Progress

I have had problems with my internet connection for the last three days.  It continually connected for 5 minutes, disconnected for 5 minutes....on and on.   At one point yesterday, it stayed connected for one hour...but the phone was dead.

After numerous calls to Turk Telekom and TTNet, it may actually be fixed now, but I refuse to tempt fate by confirming that.  However, I have been connected for half an hour now and the phone is working, so it looks promising.

The weather has been good so I've spent the "lack of internet" time out in the garden with Mr A.  He works...which makes a mess...I clear up the mess.  We're quite a good team.

The bottom garden now has the extended cemented base for our gazebo, four metal posts, and a small wooden fence around two and a half sides (recycled fence of course).  The next job is to get some more metal posts for the top, which Mr A is searching for these afternoon, fix them to the upright posts, then cover the top with bamboo which he will collect from the village. We will then train the grapevines to grow over the top.

The bird table has now been re-located to the bottom garden and is on top of a sturdy pole...much safer for the birds.

The top garden has now been completely enclosed with chicken wire.   We have decided against chickens for a while, so the chicken house now has another use.  More about that in my next post.

gazebo..laying of cement

gazebo base to the right...and Poppy




relocated bird table



bird table, gazebo area and steps

14 comments:

  1. Lots of changes...but it all looks good.
    Curious about the chickens...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All will be revealed Helen, if I can only stay connected to the internet long enough to do another post. This one had to be done in 4 stages, whereas it would usually only take me about 10 minutes. Bloody TTNet...aaargh!

      Delete
  2. Looking good..... before you know it will look like an English garden.....love the gazebo area, well actually everything is really changing and looks nice.
    Can hardly wait to see when the flowers and veggies start to bloom and of course your lil' animals.
    Poppy is so a adorable and now he has a walk way, to go for a walk on. Wonder if the sheep who pass by will notice the difference and maybe the black one will jump over again to take a curious look. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. It's all beginning to take shape now and I'm pleased with how it's going.

      Haha...the black sheep has no chance of getting in now..the garden is completely enclosed with chicken wire...doesn't seem to deter the cats though.

      Delete
  3. Poppy looks good in her winter coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks good from a distance BtoB, but it's rather tangled and she won't let me near her with the brush. I've had to trim around her head and face to keep the hair out of her eyes, so it makes her look like she has a small head.

      Delete
  4. Wow! What a lot of work!
    It looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks omentide. It's coming along nicely.

      Delete
  5. This is like one of Dickens' novels in instalments, Ayak> :-) I'm not agog to hear why no chickens.

    Sorry about the unreliable phone line. I do hope it all gets sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The phone is working Perpetua, but the internet is still a problem. I have complained to TTNet as this is now 4 days, and last month we had the same problem for 9 days. I've asked for a refund...I don't see why I should keep paying for a service I'm not getting.

      Delete
  6. *crosses fingers* that your internet connection (and phone) continue to work! I remember what a life line it was when we were in Thailand and when we had problems I felt really cut off from the world!

    Your garden is looking fab! Mr A is doing a stonking job!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol. Irritatingly the internet is still not working properly. I get the odd 20 mins or so connected then off it goes again. It's driving me nuts!

      Delete
  7. The birds will definitely be safer!
    You are going to have a lovely garden by the look of it. Mr A is clever.

    Hope your internet is more stable now. There's nothing worse that not being able to use it when you want to. (Well actually there are many things worse than that but you know what I mean! Very annoying!)
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has been working very hard on it Maggie, and its looking good. The internet is finally working as of last night. Mind you the phone line is now dead...can't have everything working at once around here!

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x