Pages

Friday, 22 March 2013

22nd March 2009

Exactly 4 years ago today, after encouragement from two friends,  I started my blog.  This was my first post:

"TWO FOLLOWERS ALREADY!!!!

Two followers of my blog and I haven't written anything yet.

I now feel somewhat under pressure to make a start. I set up the page a few days ago and thought I could just sneak in quietly when no-one was looking and do a kind of test run just for me.

But there you are...my two followers...waiting patiently for me to produce something.

This first post is a test run though, because I need to work out how to use this blog. I am a pc numpty (as one of you already knows) so it may take me a little while to work out the techy side of things.

In the meantime, I am having a good think about the things in my life that I would like to share, so please be patient till I return."
 
.........................................................
 
Such a lot has happened in four years.  Just as well, as it gives me stuff to write about.

I was living in Selcuk when I started blogging, and about to embark on a trip to England to await the arrival of my first grandson Billy in April 2009.   The trip lasted 6 weeks, and during that time, Mr A packed up all our belongings and moved them to our new home.  This house that I had never seen in a village I didn't know.  

I arrived to find workmen completing the cesspit, enabling me to use an inside toilet and shower, rather than the brick built loo out in the garden!  Our furniture was crammed into two small rooms, and we had an outside terrace which led into the two rooms, small toilet, and kitchen.  The terrace has since been converted into our sitting room, and Mr A built a balcony at the front.  In fact Mr A has transformed the wilderness that surrounded us into a very pleasant garden, as well as rebuilding the dry stone wall.......and of course he has made LOTS of shelves!!

I was apprehensive about this move.  I had no idea what to expect.  But one look at the magnificent scenery and I knew it would be just fine.

This past four years has seen the arrival of my second grandson Jimi, 2 years after Billy, and the death of my beloved dog Beki at 10 years old.  Happy and sad times.

 The biggest surprise is the number of followers I've gathered along the way, and the friendships I've made through blogging.  Some I have been fortunate to meet in person, whilst others have become loyal friends and tremendous support, through the power of the internet.

Blogging is just great isn't it?

26 comments:

  1. Wow, four years! Many congratulations, Ayak. In a comment on my very first post 2 years ago, Helen recommended your blog to me and I've been here ever since, thoroughly enjoying your accounts of your life in Turkey with dear Mr A and your visits to your lovely family in the UK. Here's to the next 4 years. :-) Blogging is indeed great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for being one of my loyal followers Perpetua. I'm glad I found your blog too. Who would have guessed we would gain so much enjoyment from blogging? xxx

      Delete
  2. You've plotted the happy and sad times so well, Ayak, and I so enjoy dropping by to see you most days - when I can. I've met some other lovely people through you too, which is what makes the web so interesting for me and I feel I can say I have friends in Turkey! Thank you for blogging, thank you sharing and do give Mr A a hug from me - he's such an integral part of your posts, I feel I know him too.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Annie. I too enjoy being part of your life in Spain, a country which holds fascination for me. Not to mention your chocolate making, which makes me drool!

      Hug duly passed on to Mr A xx

      Delete
  3. Time sure flies.....CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I've enjoyed reading your Blog for a while now. I have to look everyday and see what new adventure is happening. I've enjoyed every aspect of your everyday life with Mr. A, your FIL when he makes an appearance, neighbours, Mehmet (Vet), and of course your lil' furry friends....and the progress of your Grandsons and how fast they are growing.
    Hopefully I can get to meet up with you after your trip to England. As you know I'll be in Turkey....this would be nice.
    Yes...blogging is great.
    Here's to another 4 or more wonderful years of blogging.....
    ericaXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Erica. I do hope we can manage to meet up. I'm sure it can be arranged xxx

      Delete
  4. I agree, blogging is just great :)

    Besides the interesting people one meets on blogs...I enjoy learning about the countries where they live...I've gotten to visit Turkey and it's people through your eyes and words...great experience!

    Thanks Ayak and Happy 4 Year Blog Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Theanne. Blogging creates a whole new world where we get to know people in other countries even if we can't visit them xx

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on your four year anniversary. Am glad we met through blogging and in person. Youve been such a good friend to me and as always Ilove your blog. Hopefully Ill start mine up again soon maybe I will have a few adventures to document lolololol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. greygirl. I'm so pleased that we met, and you are a very special friend, one for life...you know that.

      I think you would have an awful lot to write about in your blog right now...in fact a brand new blog might be the way to go...get stuff off your chest girl.

      Love you lots xxxx

      (PS. msn still playing up )

      Delete
    2. Maybe u r right I certainly would have plenty to write about lol. Love ya right back xx

      Delete
  6. Congratulations Ayak on the fourth anniversary of your blog. I love your blog it is absolutely my favourite. May you continue to write it for many more years to come. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved your blog from first coming across it...it was straight from the heart and brought me back to a sense of Turkey I'd had from brief visits and from Turkish friends in France.

    You've taught me so much and been such a good friend...and all this through blogging!

    I always look forward to a new post from you because I know it will be written about something important to you and not following some theme or other to jump on a bandwaggon.

    (Give my apologies about the name slip up to Blondie, please...doggie sensibilities are so easily offended.....)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind words Helen. Thankyou. Your friendship means a great deal to me xxx

      PS. Blondie forgives you!

      Delete
  8. Congratulations. I think I found your blog through a newspaper article on Turkish bloggers (Huriyet?) Glad that I did. Now for the next 4 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes BtoB, I remember that article...my 5 minutes of fame!

      I'm glad you found it and very pleased to have had the chance to meet and get to know you xx

      Delete
  9. Congratulations and wishing you many more happy years of bloggage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Hilary and Ashley xxx

      Delete
  10. Congratulations and thank you for having given me many happy hours of reading and much to chew over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind of you to say so Vicky. Thankyou xx

      Delete
  11. Congrats Ayak! Your blog is awsome and you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very kind...thankyou xx

      Delete
  12. Blogging is so much fun! I'm so glad I "met" you in the blogiverse! Love the photos of your grandkids above - wish I was headed to England this spring too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have met you too Deniz. Well I hope it is more Spring-like in England when I arrive.

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x