Saturday, 30 March 2013

...and another surprise!

I cannot quite believe what I have just experienced.

I mentioned in a comment on my previous post that Sammy had been trying to mount Megan this afternoon.  I'm not terribly knowledgable about dogs' sexual habits, so I put Sammy down in the garden, and left Megan on the balcony.

But I decided to search my favourite dog forum this evening to find out a little more.  I thought it unusual that Sammy was doing this so soon after his op.

I was having a conversation with someone about doggy sex after neutering and spaying and established that it was quite normal for them to continue to perform the act, but of course there would be no puppies as a result.  This person mentioned how she once came across a very embarrassed woman in the park with her two terriers, both neutered, who were firmly locked together, and all she could do was to stand and wait until they had finished.  Because apparently you can't "untie" them...you just have to wait until nature takes it's course.

"Oh" I asked "how long does that take then?"   While I was waiting for  a reply, I glanced out of the window, to see Sammy on the balcony (Mr A must have left the balcony gate open) and he had mounted Megan.  I rushed outside to find them absolutely firmly "tied" together.  I tried gently to move Sammy away, but all I succeeded in doing was to move him so that they ended up back to back...but still firmly fixed.

Mr A arrived home at this point and he phoned Mehmet to check that there would be no damage to either of them because of this.  Mehmet said there wouldn't but he also laughed because he has never known two dogs to "get together" 24 hours after their ops!   It just proves they are pretty much recovered I would think!    "Just wait it out, they'll be fine"  said Mehmet.

After 15 minutes, the deed was done.  They separated, and drank some water. 

I half expected them to sit down and smoke a cigarette together!

17 comments:

  1. You mean you were not rushing out their with ciggies for them...for shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gave us quite a chuckle Helen. Mr A found it so amusing he decided to take a photo of them, locked, back to back, buckets on their heads. I've told him...don't dare post it on Facebook!

      Delete
  2. you're learning new stuff every hour Ayak...my parents discovered, much to their dismay, that after they had their male feline neutered, all the male kitties in the neighborhood came courting

    extremely unsettling for John Henry (their kitty), he didn't have a clue what all the fuss was about

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's been quite an education today Theanne.

      Poor John Henry :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, Ayak, what next? As you say, it does look like they've made a rapid recovery from their ops and thankfully there will be no repercussions from their bit of fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly P, what next? Enough shocks for this weekend I think. At least I don't have time to be bored!

      Delete
  4. Hilarious! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Kelleyn.

      Happy Easter to you and your lovely family xxx

      Delete
  5. All I can say is that your vet must have a very light touch. Jake couldn't do anything but lie on his blanket for days after his op.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Sammy is as tough as old boots and clearly with a high sex drive. I've had to separate the two of them this morning because he's still wanting to get at her.

      Blondie is due back sometime today, and I'm glad Mehmet kept her for a couple of days, or I'd be chasing around the garden stopping her from jumping the fence and stopping the other two from copulating!

      Delete
  6. This is tooooo funny!!! You learn something new everyday .
    Have a wonderful day.....E. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have believed it Erica. I honestly didn't realise this would happen so soon, if at all!

      Delete
  7. Remember you're not supposed to be running around chasing these animals....you should be resting your foot. I am looking forward to hearing what antics they all get up to when Blondie gets back. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Janice...the poorly toe. Have been resting it, only I stubbed it on the corner of the bed this morning...very clumsy of me.

      Blondie is due back this evening. I have a feeling I won't be getting much sleep tonight.

      Delete
  8. Very funny Ayak:) Poor you..and the dogs:) I remember when I was a child and our rather shabby mongrel dog mounted the pedigree Yorkshire terrier from next door. "quick" my Dad shouted " go and get a bucket of water to throw over them". I replied "will it stop them?". "Well it would stop you wouldn't it" He barked back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well my reaction was the same as your Dad's Westy. I actually grabbed the dogs water bowl and threw the contents. It didn't work...too late...by then they were firmly fixed together and there was nothing I could do.

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x