Pages

Friday, 19 April 2013

Off to the UK

I will be setting off to England tomorrow morning to see my family.  I am so looking forward to seeing my daughter and grandsons.

I haven't seen Mr A since last Sunday. He is working at a hotel in Gumbet.  As it's commission only and there aren't many customers yet, he has been staying in personnel accommodation to save money.  He will come home this evening and take me to the airport tomorrow morning and head off back to work.

The dogs have a routine now.  Blondie and Sammy stay in the dog area at the back of the house, and Megan in our garden, with her bed on the balcony.  After much changing around, this arrangement is working.  Blondie's confidence has grown and so has she..she's getting so big now!  She and Sammy get on well, and Megan and Poppy spend the day in the garden together..they have become good friends.

Every morning around 6.30am, I let Megan, Blondie and Sammy out and they go for a run over the hill at the back of the house.  It's impossible for me to attempt to take 4 dogs out on leads for a walk, so this is a good way for them to get exercise.  They return anything up to an hour later and I feed them.  I do the same thing early evening, and after an evening of barking (in response to dogs barking all over the village), they finally settle for the night.

While I'm away for 10 days, Mr A will be coming home every night and staying in the house, so they will be looked after and their routine won't be interrupted.

I've managed to get my camera working because I want to take lots of photos of the boys and their birthday celebrations, so I'll bore you with these when I return.

See you in 10 days time.

20 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time Ayak...I am sure you will miss "home" though:). I enjoy going back to te UK to see family but always miss Turkey when I am there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Westy. Yes I always feel the same.

      Delete
  2. Wheeee!! Have a fantastic time and don't worry about a thing. As an old lady used to say, if you don't go, you can't come back again. Enjoy the best of both worlds, Ayak! (I was going to say we'll keep an eye on Mr A for you, but blogging's not quite that good yet, is it?)
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. You never know, one day technology may be advanced enough to allow us to do just that!

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a great time and a bit of time out for yourself, you deserve it. Glad to see the dogs are settling into their routine, I think that reasures them.
    Enjoy your time with the boys,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I doubt my hectic schedule will allow any "me" time, but I'll have plenty of time to recover when I get home.

      Delete
  4. Safe journey, Ayak, and have a marvellous time with your family. Looking forward to the pics of the grandsons. :-) I do hope business picks up for Mr A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perpetua. I hope so too xx

      Delete
  5. Have a good trip. Enjoy spoiling those grandshildren.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dog news is all good... I think Blondie and Poppy are going to make a very interesting looking couple of friends as Blondie gets bigger !
    Have a wonderful time with your daughter and those adorable children. Enjoy every minute. Love Janice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly will thankyou Janice xxx

      Delete
  7. You'll go off easier in your mind now that the dogs have a routine...
    Bon voyage!

    (I have a picture lurking in the back of my mind of Blondie with a howdah taking Poppy for rides)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...I'd better not tell Mr A or he'll get the wood out and make one Helen!

      Delete
  8. Have a great time. I have my mother staying - it's so nice to spend time with family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Annie. Thankyou and enjoy the time with your mother x

      Delete
  9. Enjoy your time with grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a wonderful time, Ayak. Enjoy the grandchildren and I hope the weather behaves.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. I'll enjoy myself no matter what the weather! xx

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x