Saturday, 27 April 2013

Time....

There's never quite enough of it.  It runs out far too quickly.  It's very precious.

I arrived in England a week ago and every day except one has been spent with my daughter and grandsons.  Very precious moments.  Exhausting but so enjoyable.

The only day I didn't see Billy and Jimi was Wednesday.  Our family attended a funeral.    A tragic death, a very sad story, but not one I feel appropriate to share in my blog. A distressing day and one that reminded us all how time is so precious.

There was a misunderstanding at Billy's nursery school on Tuesday, the day of his birthday.  He made a cake and took it in to share.  It didn't get shared and when my daughter collected him, he was in tears.  It spoilt the day for him.  It was a breakdown in communication, which was dealt with the following day, but a little too late for Billy.

Today we are having a joint celebration for Billy and Jimi (it's Jimi's birthday on Monday), and a gang of children will be joining them at something called Junglemania, where there are activities and lots of fun, along with a tea party, cake and goody bags.

I did intend to take lots of photos...honestly.  Somehow I never seem to find time.  No doubt my daughter will produce some good ones and I'll share them when I return home on Tuesday.

12 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the funeral and the sadness that has brought during your trip Ayak.

    I am also sorry for poor Billy's birthday experience being spoiled by the miscommunication problem at school. There is nothing more heartbreaking for parents ( and grandparents) to see upset like this, when it seems that you are powerless to stop the hurt. It will have seemed so important to him. I hope he forgets it soon and is able to remember the good bits of his birthday celebrations.
    Enjoy the rest of your stay, looking forward to photos ! Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These things do mean so very much to children don't they Janice. And there's nothing we can do when it goes wrong. He enjoyed today's party though x

      Delete
  2. Your time with your family is too precious to waste on anything else, Ayak. Sorry about the mix-up on Billy's birthday and it's sad that you have had to attend a funeral in your short stay. Enjoy the birthday party and marvel at their energy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly do marvel at their energy Perpetua. It's exhausting to watch!

      Delete
  3. Whatever lack of commonsense on the part of the nursery school leads to giving problems over something so simple as letting a little boy share his cake.....

    You be careful at Junglemania....I have visions of you swinging on vines across the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no swinging on vines for me Helen! I was happy to watch. It was bedlam though, hundreds of screaming children...not a peaceful 2 hours by any means.

      Delete
  4. a slice of life...a funeral and birthday parties...the unhappy and the happy...hope Billy's feeling a bit better now about the mix-up! the combined birthday party sounds like loads of fun...Happy Birthday Billy, Happy Birthday Jimi...be safe coming home Ayak!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Theanne. The boys have had a lovely time today xx

      Delete
  5. So sorry for the lost of your friend, but so happy you are able to spend good quality time with your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The holiday went galloping by.
    Sorry about the funeral and loss......... also about Billy's disappointment with the cake. That was a horrible misunderstanding for a child that age to have to deal with.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The time as usual has flown past Maggie. The rest of Billy's birthday week made up for his disappointment. xx

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x