Tuesday, 14 May 2013

A brief return to Winter

Last week summer had well and truly arrived, with temperatures rising to over 30 degrees.  Time to pack away the winter clothes and the duvet and enjoy the sunny weather.

A storm brewed up on Sunday night and continued on and off yesterday.  Lots of rain.  The soil here is like red clay and when it rains the mud gets everywhere.  I slipped in it yesterday around the back of the house when I was about to feed Sammy and Blondie.  It was on a slope about 5 yards long and I slid from one end to the other.  Apart from a little graze and bruise on my arm I was unscathed, although the clothes I was wearing have been put through three wash cycles and I still can't get the stain out.

It didn't rain during last night, but it felt chilly.  I seem to be going down with another flu bug which is making me shiver, so the duvet is back on the bed for the time being.

This morning I was up just before 6am as it started to rain again.  It looks like it's set to continue today.  I fed the dogs and they insisted they wanted to go out in the rain, so off they went.  They returned an hour later, very wet and muddy.

 
 
 
 


As for me...I'm going back to bed, where I'll stay until summer returns...hopefully tomorrow!

10 comments:

  1. I was cold in bed last night with my duvet, but today it's warmed up. Why does the weather always misbehave as soon as the first tourists turn up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know BtoB but it inevitably does. Although its good weather for Mr A. Customers are more likely to use the hamam when it's raining.

      Delete
  2. BRrr! If it's any consolation the same is happening here in the UK, Ayak, with temperatures in single figures and the possibility of wet snow in some places and lots of rain elsewhere. This time last week the weather was glorious! Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very strange weather Perpetua. I can't believe I've actually been shivering today when the temps were so high last week.

      Delete
  3. The forecast here is better for tomorrow. I certainly hope it will be as we're supposed to be going to Izmir to pick up the motorbike which has been fixed (following the non-starting episode).
    We didn't have much rain here today but enough to make the back house steps slippery. Ashley ran down them with the inevitable result. Fortunately I managed to get the blood out of the fly screen.... Seems like we are all falling over this spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops Ashley as well..hope there wasn't too much blood! The weather is certainly much better here today. Hope you managed to get over to izmir for the bike x

      Delete
    2. Thanks... It was just a small cut, fortunately. The bike was fine today (as was the weather)but we seem to have stopped on the way home to buy some bamboo furniture...

      Delete
    3. Ooh bamboo furniture..sound good. Glad you managed to get the bike ok x

      Delete
  4. I'm shivering today too, Ayak. Glad to say the weather was excellent for my mum's visit but as soon as she left, the rain started and temperatures plummeted. We had a fire last night and it didn't feel excessive. And I'm starting with a cold. If I could, I too would go back to bed til summer came. I do, however, have to teach this afternoon and with my throat so raw, I think we'll have to do some quiet reading....(fat chance!)
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the weather has improved now Annie..hope it does the same for you.

      I'm pretty sure I have tonsillitis..white spots on the tonsils, headache, swollen glands etc. Have slept most of the last couple of days, which is most unlike me. Hope you get well soon xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x