Pages

Thursday, 2 May 2013

Sleep

It's what I need but it's not happening.

Young Jimi, who is reluctant at the best of times to share his toys or anything belonging to him, with others, has generously shared his rotten cold with me, his Mum and other Nanny.  What a parting gift.

I say it's a cold, because I was sneezing and sniffing all through the long day travelling yesterday, but it has become gradually worse.  It's more like flu.  I absolutely ache all over.  There isn't one bit of my body that doesn't hurt...right down to my fingers.

I'm dosing up on all sorts of flu remedies, but I really need sleep more than anything, and I just cannot get comfortable.

The weather is glorious at the moment.  It reached 30 degrees today, but being outside makes me feel worse so I have been taking shelter in the bedroom.

Mr A went off to the hotel hamam in Bodrum today, although it seems like a bit of a wasted journey.  There are no customers yet, and won't be until the 10th, and even then there will only be a party of school children, hardly customers for Turkish bath.  I don't know why they couldn't tell him before he left home instead of insisting he started on 1st May.

He is really not sure this job is going to work out.  There seems to be a distinct lack of organisation.  However, instead of wasting even more petrol and money, we decided he should stay there, at least for the next few days.  He has accommodation and food, and because there is nothing to do, he will use the time to look around the area for more suitable employment.  He has already arranged to see another hotel hamam tomorrow morning.

Before I arrived home last night, he had cleaned the house (not to my standards but sufficient enough), and he has stocked me and the dogs up with food.  He also collected 4 paraband collars from the vet, as it is now tick weather, so my four kids (as Mr A calls them) are now protected. 

I have no need to set foot outside for a while.  I can just relax.  Now if only I could actually sleep!

18 comments:

  1. Thank you Jimi...when he shares, he shares!

    Flu does seem to feel worse when it's hot, doesn't it?
    Plenty of drinks help...but you could do with someone to make and bring them.

    Relieved that there were no more shelves....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do need a servant to bring me drinks and peel grapes Helen! No more shelves, but all sorts of things being done with bamboo...eg little fences protecting plants from being flattened by dogs. I have visions of eventually having a kind of maze in the garden made out of bamboo...thank goodness he's away now for a while!

      Delete
  2. You will when you least expect it.
    Hope you feel better soon. Kids are notorious for spreading stuff around.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. I hope so. I feel really sorry for my daughter who has the same bug and is still having to work as a childminder in spite of it. She is exhausted.

      Delete
  3. I know they are trying to help but...I can't find a darn thing anymore. The cutting boards that are stored between the oven and the fridge for the past 20 yrs are no longer there. The plate cover that usually sits on top of the microwave has been moved to a lower cabinet far from where it is used..(the microwave). I'm back on my feet and searching, reorganizing and finding my stuff. Welcome home and I'm so sorry you are feeling under the weather. Stay in bed; rest and liquids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Charlotte...I'm still searching for several items that are not where they were before I went away. Glad to hear you are finding the energy to re-organise...that's a very good sign xxx

      Delete
  4. Welcome back Ayak - so sorry you brought this unwanted parting gift from Jimi back with you but hopefully, you'll be over the worst soon and will be able to get out and enjoy the sunshine. (Though in 30 degrees, you make have to seek a little shady bamboo spot.) I suggested bamboo to my dh when discussing how to quickly create shade in our unplanted garden - I bet my children would love to have a maze of their own and I rather like the idea! If we do it, I shall credit you with the idea!!
    Here's hoping you feel much better soon - big hugs,
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. Well Mr A does rather love bamboo at the moment. He's covered the gazebo with it and we are training the grapevines to grow over it. The problem is that there's an awful lot of it growing here on the outskirts of the village, so I wonder what he will think of next. I'd love to see your maze if you go with the idea..super fun for the kids!

      Delete
  5. Glad you are "home" safely Ayak - Really hope the job situation works out for your hubby. Now. lack of organisation in a Turkish hotel - never heard that before (tongue firmly in cheek) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Westy. Hmmm...yes...Turkish hotels and organisation. It's always the same at the start of the season. New staff, bosses sitting around, expecting everyone to know what's happening when they don't know themselves. Organised chaos.

      Delete
  6. Make some tea with olive leaves Ayak. Very good at fighting infections. Add lots of lemon and honey as it doesn't taste to good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip BtoB...I'll give it a go xx

      Delete
  7. I feel so out of touch with all my blogging friends.... I will catch up I promise.
    I think grandchildren should carry a biohazard warning. We always catch something horrendous and usually pass it on to my mother in law who really doesn't need anything else.
    Sleep well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosie. The problem is that the little ones get over these bugs quickly and bounce back but as we get older it takes longer to shake them off.

      Oh I know what you mean about being out of touch...I have loads of blogs to catch up with x

      Delete
  8. Poor Ayak, that is one parting gift you really didn't want. It sounds very like the nasty flu-like bug my youngest sister has been battling for the past week or so. I do hope you can shake it off soon and that Mr A manages to find some more regular work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Perpetua. Mr A is hopeful of work to start in 5 or 6 days time. Fingers crossed.

      Delete
  9. Geçmis olsun, Ayak. I also came back from the UK with a horrible cold but have no grandchildren to blame for it. No one we knew in the UK had this cold but I did manage to gift my son with it!

    I think the pressure on the plane makes these things worse.

    Hope you are over it soon and that Mr. A's work situation improves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou omentide. Yes the pressure on the plane definitely makes it worse. Three days later and my ears are still blocked and painful. I'm sure I must have passed the bug on to people on the flights, but what can you do?

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x