Pages

Sunday, 19 May 2013

The continuing saga of the dog food

Yes, I know.  It's boring.  I'm bored with it, so I'm sure you must be, so you are forgiven for not wanting to read further or comment.  I just need to write things down.  To keep me occupied.  I am fed up with being stuck at home feeling useless.  My flu type whatever bug that's been lurking for a week seems to have attacked my sinuses now.  Well I guessed it would.  I will have to give in and see a doctor this week because it's not going to clear up by itself.  It will have to fit in with Mr A coming home, to get me there and to translate for me.  Although when that's likely to happen, I haven't a clue.

Anyway...the dog food...or rather delivery of same.  It was a good idea to order it online to be delivered to my door.  It would save me, Mr A and anyone else the hassle of getting it here.  Wrong...bad idea.  Yurtici Kargo in Milas refused to deliver...they don't have vans to come out to the village.   A cargo company...no vans??

I tried to explain the contract between me and the supplier to Mr A, that delivery to my door was part of it, and for him to ring Yurtici to insist they kept their side of the deal.  As usual Mr A didn't listen properly and just said "I'll sort it out".  He phoned them, then phoned me and said I was wrong and that they don't deliver to the village.   Infuriating...but typical I'm afraid.  The Turkish male mentality that believes women are never right comes to the fore.

I sent emails including copies of the order confirmation to everyone...the online store Sahibinden, the supplier, and Yurtici Kargo.  Sahibinden responded to say I was right but they could do nothing as the contract was between the supplier and Yurtici.   Eventually I got Mr A to listen properly and phone the supplier.   The supplier then phoned Yurtici.   Yurtici phoned Mr A.  Mr A phoned me.  Yurtici wouldn't deliver but they said they MIGHT find someone else to do so but that I would have to pay for it!  The supplier also said that he would take the goods back and refund my money.

This story could go on and on, but in the end Yurtici said they couldn't actually find anyone to deliver.   Mr A asked a friend who lives in Milas to collect the bags of food from Yurtici, which he has.  He is coming to the village today and will drop them off at the teahouse.  Mr A has phoned the teahouse man, who will ask Mehmet our neighbour to bring them up to the house.  Mehmet doesn't have a phone because he is deaf so the teahouse man will look out for him.  So it looks like I will get the dog food after all....eventually.

It all seemed so simple...a good idea at the time.  I've learned a lot from it.  An exercise never to be repeated.

10 comments:

  1. You know when getting dog food turns into a saga that all will not necessarily end well...so sorry about this, Ayak. Bad enough when you feel well and if you had the option of collecting but it seems your luck is at a low all round just now. Try and see the doctor soon - it's not nice to have a lingering bug. The dogs will get their dinner eventually. Take care. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank goodness for helpful friends and neighbours Annie. Mehmet has just made two journeys up from the village with the two bags of food, so it's here at last. Of course I insisted he take some money for his trouble, so it's more expense, but I'd rather give it to him than anyone else..he is such a kind man.

      I am actually feeling a lot better today. I've been out cutting back the jungle of weeds and trying to actually see the garden!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're starting to feel better...don't you find that things always seem to go wrong when you're not feeling well?

    I'm now of the 'if it sounds simple look for the catch' mentality...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do Helen, and of course it makes us a little less able to cope with them.

      I should realise by now of course that nothing is simple or straightforward in Turkey x

      Delete
  3. I'm glad it has eventually arrived, but you must be exhausted with the whole thing. Take care not to over do things just because you are feeling a bit better though ! I have been attacking our garden here in France......well, supervising Mark attacking it, and then pottering a little. Veg plants are in, and some of the wilderness has been tamed. Take care Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Janice it has been quite exhausting. I enjoyed attacking the garden yesterday. I only did an hour while I had some energy but managed to achieve a fair amount. Weeds are the worst aren't they? And you must have a lot to deal with in Caunes now...a job for the men!

      The soil is to hard and rocky for me to dig up the weeds so have had to cut down with a scythe...however within days they shoot back up again so it's a losing battle. As for our tomato plants...I can't believe how high and bushy they are...much like a forest! You take care too xx

      Delete
  4. Oh that is another of life's frustrations for you to cope with.
    I don't suppose you will repeat the order. It did seem a bit petty that the firm wouldn't deliver.
    Hope the dogs get their supply before everything runs out.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the food is here Maggie so alls well that ends well...but no there won't be any repeat orders!

      Delete
  5. Ayak, it's enough tom drive you made! How do you cope with such a system? However I'm glad you will eventually get the dog food and really hope the doctor can give you something to clear up this bug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure how I cope sometimes Perpetua, I guess I'm just used to it. Now I have Vodafone to deal with...just spent an hour on the phone to them...but that's a whole other blog post :-(

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x