Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Blogger's block

It happens to all of us from time to time.  We want to write a blog post, because we love blogging, but our minds just go blank. 

This is how I feel at the moment.  The dogs are fine (apart from Megan and an arthritic limp).  The weather is glorious.  The garden is looking wonderful.  Mr A is working over in Gumbet and getting home as much as he can, which isn't often.  I'm fine, apart from being almost completely nocturnal.  There are a lot of street dog gangs roaming the village at night.  They head up this way and my dogs bark to scare them off.  It doesn't work...they still hang around.  I give up trying to sleep through it, so nap during the afternoon when it's too hot to do anything else.

Elsewhere in Turkey there is civil unrest.  It seems to be escalating.  No doubt most of you will have seen it on the news.  Here there is an almost total media blackout.  What does manage to get reported is not always accurate.  I could do a blog post about it all, but I'd only be repeating what other bloggers in Turkey are saying. In case you want to know more, this article in The Guardian is pretty balanced:  http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/03/taksim-square-istanbul-turkey-protest

It might as well be another world, because it doesn't touch this isolated village.  Life continues as normal, with villagers completely unaware of what's going on.  Probably just as well. 

So that's it really.  Nothing else to say.   Maybe something exciting will happen in the next few days which will give me something to write about.  In the meantime, here is one of my favourite pieces of classical music, played here with original instruments.



12 comments:

  1. I think you are in the best place - sit tight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had plans to come over to Bodrum this week BtoB, but I agree with you. It can wait.

      Delete
  2. Hello Ayak - not sure at what point of the day or night you might read this. I understand the blogger's blog - got a bit of it myself. Being nocturnal here, you'd need a nice thick blanket - there's such a change in the temperature between day and night and I'm worried about all my new plants.
    Turkey has other things to worry about but I'm glad for your sake that the villages stay calm - (apart from the dogs -) but it sounds as though it will get worse before it gets better elsewhere.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading in between daytime naps Annie! I think things are getting worse. At least there are no signs of the unrest subsiding. It's one of those times where although I'm bored and isolated, I'm actually quite glad of it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know then feeling, Ayak. Sorry your daily timetable is being turned upside down, but a siesta on a hot afternoon sounds like a good solution. Hope your blogging mojo comers back soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perpetua..I'm sure it will xx

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you are away from the tear gas....goodness only knows how it will end but I hope the protesters will achieve the overthrow of Erdogan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly hope so too Helen x

      Delete
  6. I think quite a few of us are experiencing the block at the moment Ayak. I have hardly written anything recently, and when I have, it hasn't been very thoughtful...just a record of things. I have been thinking about you and BtoB a lot these last few days. I hear someone has been killed in Istanbul today. I hope it is all resolved without the awful violence that we almost expect these days. A peaceful and speedy resignation would be so good. Take care, and I hope sleep at sensible times returns soon. Lots of love Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice. The majority of demos all over the country, which continue, are peaceful. Which is of course how the Taksim demo started out. This dissatisfaction with Erdogan has been festering for some time and I think these protests were inevitable. I agree a speedy and peaceful resolution would be preferable. Erdogan's resignation would be a good start.

      Delete
  7. Just terrible what is happening in Turkey....when I was there everybody was complaining about Erdogan. How he was changing things backwards and was starting to talk nasty....I mean anybody's home we went they always talked abut this Government. I feel sorry for the poor people who died or got injured. Glad you are not near any tear gas...cause my sister in law can smell it where she is. :-(

    Glad you can get a nap in the afternoon....I can't get one at my house cause I have a nagging professional henpecker yelling at her husband who is home after an accident.
    Most of all good Mr. A is working...:-)

    Take care and I hope they resolve this peacefully and be gone with ERDOGAN... take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people would like to see him gone Erica. I hope your sister-in-law and family are staying safe. I'm sure it's pretty frightening for those living close to all this. Your poor neighbour with his henpecking wife...I think you mentioned them before. Must be horrible to listen to!

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x