Friday, 14 June 2013

(Dog) Friends Reunited

I've not been entirely happy about keeping my dogs separate from each other.  My dream was to have four obedient dogs, in my garden and on my balcony, playing happily together.   Well, these things are always perfect in dreams aren't they?

The reality is that Sammy digs holes in the garden, Blondie chews everything in sight...shoes, sofas, etc, and Megan....  Well Megan is so obedient now.  She was the biter, but that has stopped.  She does exactly as I tell her, and she's adorable.  It's simply because she has more contact with me.

I know that Sammy and Blondie also need more human contact.  I feel certain they will end up as obedient and lovable as Megan if they spend more time with me.

For the past month or so we have been saving up to have a metal fence and gate made to separate the driveway from the bottom garden.  This part of the garden is Mr A's pride and joy.  It's looking lovely and has stirred up an interest in the garden for me which was previously lacking.  Yesterday the fence was installed.    I love it.  We are now saving to have a similar one erected at the top end of the garden, where the cats reside in the chicken coop, and where we are growing tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers.


This morning, the side gate to the dog area at the back of the house was opened.  Megan was reunited with Sammy and Blondie.  I know all three run up the hill together twice a day, but it's somehow different for them in the confines of the garden.  We had half an hour of play fighting, about the same amount of time with all three jumping all over me, but finally they settled down.  Poppy watched on from the balcony.  She is used to Megan being around, but it's a bit overwhelming with three.  She will get used to it.


 The side gate remains open, and all three can come and go as they please....and Mr A's precious garden is an animal-free zone (apart from the two tortoises, but they're no trouble!)




 
 
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. It really does look good Ayak. All the better if it enables the dogs to reach that dream like stage of all getting along. I love the fact that I can now picture you with that early morning coffee. Take care. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a VERY early morning coffee Janice. Usually around 5.30 - 6.00 am. Best part of the day as the sun is rising.

      Delete
  2. That's super and I'm sure you're right about more contact bringing about the responsiveness.

    Lovely, happy dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been a good day Helen. However, Sammy and Blondie have been a little too boisterous with Megan and she looks worn out. Blondie has chewed Megan's blanket to pieces, but I expected that (while my back was turned!). I'm putting them back in the dog area for the night, to give Megan a bit of peace and quiet. Early days but it's going well.

      Delete
  3. Your garden is looking beautiful, Ayak, and I can understand Mr A wanting to keep it that way. The dog-proof fence is a great idea and I'm sure all four will soon settle down and live amicably together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so Perpetua. So far so good.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful garden....so peaceful and what a view. I wouldn't mind waking up and having my coffee here anytime of the day.
    Hope your dream of your doggys' comes true....which I'm sure will with time. Nice metal fence, that was a great idea.....I'm so jealous you have all those cute dogs.

    Take care...XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can be quite naughty as well as cute Erica! I can't get going until my first coffee of the day, and the view is a bonus xx

      Delete
  5. Your garden really does look lovely now, Ayak. Well done Mr A. I'm sure you're right about the dogs' behaviour improving over time and with more contact. They are a lovely bunch - I wonder if they realise just how lucky they are?
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. I think they do realise. They show it by constantly making a fuss of me when ever I appear....or are they just looking for food? :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x