Friday, 5 July 2013

And then there were 5!

OK, I know I said no more dogs after I recently took in Megan, Sammy and Blondie.  Along with Poppy, four dogs is quite enough for me to manage.

However, another dog has appeared on the scene.   When my three large dogs go out for their morning run, he is waiting for them.   They run and play together.  

I've tried to toughen up.  I know I shouldn't rescue any more dogs.   I have managed to ignore him for two weeks.  I didn't feed him, difficult though it was for me, but he wouldn't come anywhere near me anyway.

Last night I spent almost an hour outside the gate coaxing this little lad to come close enough to take some biscuits from my hand.   Eventually he did, and then I managed to encourage him into the garden.   There was a fair bit of rough and tumble with all the dogs....only to be expected when a newcomer invades their territory.   He is still a little wary of the others, but I think he will settle down.

So let me introduce you to Freddie:

Freddie...the new boy


And so that the others don't feel left out, here they are, relaxing after their breakfast and morning run.
Megan
Sammy
Poppy

Blondie





 

16 comments:

  1. Lucky doggy. It is so difficult to ignore the strays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ayak, you're impossible! :-) Lucky, lucky Freddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know I am Perpetua :-)

      Delete
  3. You are amazing...lucky Freddy. I do note however that maybe Blondie is getting preferential treatment....on the sofa ! I hope you don't have favourites Ayak. Seriously, I have so much admiration for you. Lots of love Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...the sofa Janice. It's the old one that Blondie chewed a hole in when she first came here. It's now on the balcony and Megan normally sleeps on it. However, Blondie is a bit of a poser...loves the camera...so decided this was the best shot of her!

      Delete
  4. Funny how the canine bush telegraph works....he looks a nice chap. I wonder where he'll come in the pecking order when they settle down. No doubt Poppy will have the deciding vote there.

    You are a good soul and he's a lucky little chap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Poppy is definitely still in charge Helen! He is a nice little chap. He's a jumper, much like Blondie was at first. He jumped the fence from the back area on the first day and disappeared for a few hours. Yesterday he settled in the garden area, and has decided that Mr A's shed is his territory. This morning he was on the other side of the metal fence that separates the bottom garden. Goodness knows how he got there, but he couldn't get back so waited patiently for me to let him out.

      Delete
    2. That collage header looks wonderful...clever you!

      Delete
    3. Oh no Helen...not clever at all..as you will see in my next post xx

      Delete
  5. ...ahhh Freddie got very lucky when he's going to be with you. you are amazing and have a BIG heart. I know how you feel, I would be taking in all the strays myself. I know I shouldn't do this but when I was in Izmir I use to buy cat food and feed about a dozen cats, they actually would 'meow' up to our apt. on the 3rd floor in the morning....some of the neighbours didn't like it but they were hungry.
    If I saw some doggy's in the villages we would buy street food from vendors and feed them, can't just leave them when they look at you with those lil' eyes.

    Take care...XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica ...it's the eyes that get to you isn't it? I try desperately to avoid eye contact when I am out and about, but it's not easy. And impossible when they are looking at you through the gate!

      Delete
  6. Oh Goodness me! You are so kind hearted and I really hope you won't feel you have to take in another one. There is always another though, its just the tip of the iceberg.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really can't take any more Maggie. Please keep reminding me that I said that xx

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x