Pages

Monday, 29 July 2013

Dog Intelligence Test

It's very difficult to find toys to keep my dogs amused.  I have been searching for Kongs but cannot
find them anywhere here.  I will have to wait until my next visit to the UK to get them.

They are a fantastic way of keeping dogs occupied for a long time.  You fill them with biscuits, dog food, etc, and it takes them some time to get the food out.  Those of you with dogs may have used them.

Early this morning I decided to put some small dog biscuits inside empty half litre plastic water bottles, just to see how the dogs would react to them.

Blondie and Sam just stood looking at them, puzzled.  Sam eventually took his off to hide somewhere.   Blondie started to chew the bottle in an attempt to remove the biscuits.

Freddie...clever boy...immediately shook his bottle which made some of the biscuits come out.  He then tipped the bottle upside down and all the biscuits came out.

But Megan is lazy...she couldn't be bothered with it all.  She certainly isn't stupid though.  She allowed Freddie to shake her bottle and tip out the biscuits...and then she ate them.  A girl after my own heart...let the men do the work!

And Poppy?  Well she just watched them all...totally bemused.  She isn't interested in all this activity.  She prefers me to feed her biscuits one at a time.  She's just my spoilt baby!

12 comments:

  1. I see Poppy has you well trained!
    Clever Freddie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a pushover when it comes to Poppy, Helen. Freddie is so bright...but very naughty too. I need eyes in the back of my head with him!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this - i wonder if jake would play with one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard about them a few years ago BtoB. They seem to be very popular. They're not cheap but apparently are very tough, washable and last a long time. If you happen to see them in any of the pet shops over in Bodrum, let me know (to compare prices, they vary in size and price from about £8 upwards) If not, I am going to England on 1st October for two weeks. I could get one for you if you like.

      Delete
  3. This was great..... hearing about all the different doggie responses.
    My black rabbit, Ash, runs after a ball as it throws out small pellets that were hidden inside inside. However, Lily just can'r seem to get the hang of it.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it interesting that they all have different abilities Maggie.

      Delete
  4. Excellent idea - I love the way each dog reacted differently. I may just go and try it with Darwin though at the moment, he's so stinky no one will go near him! He rolled in something last night - disgusting!
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be interested to know how Darwin reacts Annie. Oh the rolling in smelly stuff. Tell me about it. This is one of Megan's favourite pastimes, and sod's law she is the one with the thickest, longest hair...yuk!

      Delete
  5. hehehe....this is too funny. love the characters of each doggy and how they go about getting their cookies out. But I'll tell you, I need one of those things for me when I see chocolate....might get frustrated if I can't get a chocolate out and just give up and save calories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no Erica...much too frustrating for us with chocolate. I would tear my hair out!

      Hope everything is getting back to normal for you after the floods xx

      Delete
  6. II love the way your dogs all reacted so individually, Ayak, and especially the way the females like to be waited on. :-) My sister had one of these for Sally, her very active beagle cross, and it kept her happy for ages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These dogs are all so different Perpetua. The longer they are here, the more I learn about their different characters. I am definitely going to get kongs for them when I next go to England. I wish I had them now as it might stop them from barking during the night!

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x