Saturday, 6 July 2013

Trying to be clever

It's so hot at the moment and difficult to sleep.   I was up at 5am this morning and it was still dark but I needed to be outside to cool down.   I left Freddie in our garden/driveway area last night.  The night before last when I encouraged him to come in, he spent in the dog area at the back with Sammy and Blondie.  However at some point he jumped the fence and I suspect these two are just a bit too lively for him while he's still settling in.

This morning Freddie was on the other side if the new metal fencing, in our "protected from the dogs" part of the garden.  I'm not sure how he got there.  Either he managed to squeeze underneath because he is still small and thin, or he somehow managed to jump the chickenwire fence at the end of the garden and get in that way.  Anyway, he was just sitting there waiting for me to let him out.

He hasn't ventured onto the balcony yet.  Megan regards this as her territory and positions herself at the top of the steps to deter Freddie.  Of course Sammy, Blondie and Poppy come onto the balcony whenever they want to.  Megan sulks about this but puts up with it.

Freddie has found his own space.  In Mr A's shed.   I've put a piece of carpet down for him to sleep on, and he is quite happy there.

Now...the title of this post...about me trying to be clever.  Did you notice my new header picture?  I've seen collages on other peoples' blogs and I really wanted one for mine.  However I am not computer literate, as many of you know, so I hadn't a clue how to go about this.

I did find this one though and it does the collage bit for you.  You just have to add the photos you want to use into a folder on your computer (this actually took me hours to do) and once done the procedure is straightforward.   I have downloaded this tool and it's on a month's free trial (hence the writing at the bottom of the collage which I wish wasn't there).  But I doubt I will purchase it at the end of the month.

But if any of you know an easy way to do a collage with my photos (and I mean very easy), which doesn't cost anything, could you please let me know?

12 comments:

  1. Loved your header but no way would I be able to do that. You are clever!
    Oh Goodness you have a new dog. I will have to look through the posts I missed.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maggie, if I can do it, anyone can do it. It wasn't me being clever at all..it does it all for you as if by magic...just as long as you use photos stored on your computer.

      Delete
  2. When you say it took you hours to do I foresee disaster ahead for me....
    I do hope someone has the answer as I'd love to do a collage of pics from here, but without resorting to boiling my head and throwing heavy objects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Helen, the collage itself once the programme was downloaded only took seconds to achieve. The problem I had was putting the photos I already had on my computer into one folder for the programme to use. I'm sure there must be an easier way to do this, but I had to literally delete photos I had, and upload them again (luckily I had them on Facebook) and put them into one folder. From then on it was very easy. I've never mastered the knack of saving and storing photos properly in folders...that's my problem.

      Delete
  3. 5 doggies in your household, the most I ever managed was 4 dogs and a cat :) you know you'd just take in all of them if you could, a kind person you are Ayak!!! I might have to check out this software...I like to do a nice collage/mosaic every now and again!!! Yours is quite wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have your photos in folders on your computer it's easy Theanne. Or if you know how to swop photos around from one folder to another maybe you'll tell me how to do it. As you can see from my answer to Helen's comment, I didn't find that easy to do at all.

      Delete
  4. I really LOVE the header, Ayak. I've seen collages on other people's blogs, but always with borders between the individual images. Here the join is invisible - just like magic. :-)

    I'm sorry it's so very hot for you. It's warmer here too, but nothing like your temperatures. I'm glad Freddie is settling down and Mr A's shed sounds like just the kind of space he needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I like the way you can't see the joins Perpetua.

      It's very cool in Mr A's shed...I'm tempted to move out there myself!

      Delete
  5. Lovely collage, Ayak! Freddie looks lovely too - I noticed your FB post but have been a bit lax in reading blogs recently (and writing!) Too hot!!
    I have used PicMonkey and BeFunky to create different photo effects. You can do a collage but not as good as the one you have here.
    If I find another, I'll tell you. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. I'd like to find a programme that's as easy to use as this one, but I don't really want to pay for it. The Facebook collage took me three attempts to get the size right and it was easy to do because it included the photos that I had only just uploaded. When I wanted to gather other photos together that's when I found it difficult. The collage programme uses photos in one folder, it doesn't allow you to pick random photos from different folders.

      Delete
  6. I wanted to come and say Happy Birthday to you on here too - you were (are) one of my dearest blogging friends and I needed to catch up on your news. Five dogs now!!!

    Have a lovely birthday, honey - lots of love - J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou FF...so nice of you to pop in with your good wishes. Very much appreciated xxxx

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x