Pages

Sunday, 11 August 2013

Blog Advertising

I am trying to find ways to earn some extra money to help with the costs of feeding and caring for my 5 dogs.

When I first started taking them in, one of my followers was concerned about the cost of looking after them and suggested I had a JustGiving button on my sidebar for donations.  This isn't something I'm comfortable with doing.  It was my choice to adopt the dogs, and therefore my responsibility to take care of them.   But it is proving to be expensive.  I am fortunate in having a vet who provides treatment at a much reduced rate, but the cost of food for four large dogs and a small greedy one is proving costly.

I'm not in a position to go out and find a job, because I am miles away from the tourist areas, and I don't have transport.  There are very few choices available to me to earn money.

From time to time, I have accepted adverts on my blog, and guest posts, for which I have been paid.  The most recent was for Otorento.  The payment for the post and advert was the start of my dog fund.  One guest post and their advert for three months on my sidebar has paid for Freddie to be neutered, vaccinated, worm and flea treatments, plus one sack of food.

Maybe some of you have something you would like to promote on my blog?  Perhaps you have a small business with a website, and find advertising costs expensive.   I would feel much happier about accepting payment if I am providing a service for you.

So if you think you may like an advert on my blog, and/or a guest post introducing yourself, please let me know.  It is a very inexpensive way of advertising, and a way in which we can be of help to each other.

You can leave a comment here with your email address.  All comments are moderated, so it won't be published, and I will then email you with further details.



10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good idea Ayak. Have you posted your blog on the google+ Bodrum sites?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't...actually I don't know what the google+ Bodrum sites are?

      Delete
    2. You are on blogger so somewhere on your blog page you will see the g+ sign. I put my Bodrum related posts on it and seems to be a more "business" related site.

      Delete
    3. Thanks BtoB. I'll take a look x

      Delete
  2. Hi Ayak, A good idea to try and generate some extra money. As it's got to be `from home` for you, and you seem happy to spend time online, I typed in "earning money online" and came across some advice from Martin Lewis. Here's the link/address :
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/family/make-money-online
    I don't know if it will be useful, but I thought you might like to browse it and see if there are any ideas in there that you could pick up. Another thought : some people quite enjoy sponsoring a dog, particularly rescue dogs like you have. In exchange for a(regular) donation, you could provide them with updates, photos etc of the dog, and how it's doing, so they feel they get to know it better.
    PS Feel free not to publish this one !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosemary. I'm quite happy to publish your comment, maybe others In a similar situation would find the link useful. Thankyou for that and I will have a look at it.

      I didn't think of sponsorship, although it's something that rescue groups do of course. It still feels a little like donating to me, but maybe not quite as the sponsor would receive regular updates...so I will give this some thought.

      Thanks again xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good idea...once had 4 dogs and a cat...not sure how I managed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be difficult at times Theanne. It's worth a try until/unless I come up with other ideas xx

      Delete
  4. Definitely worth a try, Ayak. I can't offer any advice as I'm not sure how it all works but you can also put Google adverts on your page for which you get paid if people click on them. I'd be happy to click on an advert on your page if it helped! It's a feature on blogspot, so you should be able to just add it yourself. Axx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm considering several options Annie. I have avoided Google ads because I don't want too many popping up on my blog. I've seen others use them and they can put you off reading the blog. I feel to do it independently gives me more control...but we shall see how it goes xx

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x