Pages

Thursday, 15 August 2013

Post No: 900. Looking forward to seeing my boys

This is my 900th post since I started blogging.  And what better way to celebrate than to look forward to seeing my lovely grandsons.

I have booked my flights for my next trip to England...1st to 15th October.  I had been waiting for the exchange rate to change.  The lira is quite high at the moment and has been all summer.  I was hoping it would go down so that I would pay less for my tickets, but it doesn't seem to be happening.  The problem with leaving it too late is that it's then difficult to get convenient flight times.

As it is, I am now having to travel mid week and the times aren't brilliant, but the price isn't too bad.

Naturally I'm excited about seeing Billy and Jimi as I haven't seen them since April.  Billy starts proper school in September....I can't believe how fast time flies.

Here are some recent photos of them, taken by my daughter.

enjoying the sunshine

Jimi...no longer the baby

Aren't they lovely when they're asleep?


Billy in his new school uniform, ready for September
 
Billy snuggling up to his Mum

 

15 comments:

  1. Always a gamble with airline ticket prices, isn't it!

    You'll be delighted to be with them again..I just cannot believe that Billy is starting school already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Helen, and the ticket prices are so expensive this year.

      I didn't think Billy would be starting school so soon. He isn't 5 yrs old until next April, but they seem to start them earlier these days. He'll cope very well...he is very bright.

      Delete
  2. Happy blogiversary!
    Such sweet boys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 900th post. Your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Linda and welcome to my blog x

      Delete
  4. Happy '900'th Post.....I've enjoyed them all so keep on posting.

    Must be excited you will see those two adorable lil' guys. So cute especially when they are sleeping. Love the 'student' look on Billy in his new school uniform. Jimi looks like he's thinking something....probably what to do next. hehehe! They sure grow fast.

    take care....XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. Yes they do grow so fast. You are most likely right about Jimi! xx

      Delete
  5. So happy for you that you have another trip booked back to England to see your boys. Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Kelleyn..I'm counting down the days xx

      Delete
  6. Happy 900th post....I am on 99 at the moment, and waiting for inspiration for number 100 ! The boys looks great in the latest photos...although I always struggle when I see little ones in school uniform. It always seems wrong to me ! Its good to get the flights booked though, then you feel you have something concrete to look forward to. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. I don't seem to have any inspiration for blogging at the moment.

      I agree, once the flights are booked, I get that lovely feeling of anticipation.

      Billy is just too young to be in school uniform. I hated school uniform when I was at school.

      Delete
  7. Wow! 900 posts is amazing, Ayak. I'm still struggling towards the 200 mark after two and a half years.

    The boys are certainly growing very quickly and I think Billy looks so sweet in his uniform. Our two elder grandsons both went to a primary school with uniform, including the shirt and tie, so I'm very used to the sight and don't find it odd at all. Not much more than a month before you see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For some reason or other I missed your comment perpetua, so apologies for only just replying. Billy started school today, and it went very well xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news, Ayak. Such an important milestone in his young life, so we all want it to go well. :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x