Saturday, 14 September 2013

Annie to the rescue

My lovely friend Annie of BacktoBodrum blog phoned me this morning and offered to collect me and take me to her house for the day.

I'm not good at acting on impulse these days.  I think it has a lot to do with spending too much time in this house.  Not only that, I felt very smelly and tired and not very good company.  So I found myself declining her offer.

However, after putting the phone down I regretted my decision and realised that it was about time I gave myself a good shake up and got out of this place, so I dithered a bit then phoned her back and said if it was possible to change my mind I would love to come.

She collected me and Poppy and drove us over to her home.  The first thing I did was had a lovely hot shower and suddenly felt human again.   We chatted for hours about all sorts of things, had a lovely lunch and later in the afternoon had a swim in her pool.

Poppy spent most of her time hiding from the gorgeous Jake.  He wants to play but he's so big now that I think Poppy feels a little intimidated.

Annie then drove us back to the village and I arrived home just before 8pm.

I had a thoroughly enjoyable day.  Thankyou Annie for being so thoughtful and kind xxx

16 comments:

  1. How kind of Annie and wonderful for you, Ayak. That's what I call real friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness for practical friends!
    I'm so glad you're feeling more like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes such a huge difference to get out for a day Helen x

      Delete
  3. Thank God for good friends. You definitely deserved a break from the heat and no water. Glad you decided to enjoy the day. Pat McDonald

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is what good friends truly should be like and I call that a friend for life. How amazingly wonderful and extremely kind of Annie to think of you and help you out.
    I'm so sad I didn't get to meet up with both of you when I was there. :-(

    Good you are feeling a bit like yourself and refreshed. ....take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good friend indeed Erica. Maybe next time we'll all get the chance to meet up x

      Delete
  5. So glad that you changed your mind and that you felt so much better after the visit.
    She sounds a really good friend to have.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had to read back posts to find out more about the water situation. I liked the FB conversation with the nice man who lives in Izmir. And I can just imagine the men in the kahve doing absolutely nothing - they are incredible. I'm so glad you had second thoughts and rang Annie back. What a lovely day you ended up having.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claudia. You've lived here a lot longer than me so you know very well what these men are like! Yes it was a lovely day yesterday x

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad to hear you took Annie up on her offer. It's good to help your friends and neighbours and also good (though, I think, more difficult) to let them help you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right omentide. I am always willing to help others, but very reluctant to ask for help. When an offer comes out of the blue, something makes me hesitate, but I'm so glad I accepted.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for a lovely day - It's a treat to a good natter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a good natter Annie....thankyou <3

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x