Pages

Thursday, 12 September 2013

Day 3...aaargh!

As mentioned in my previous post the water went off on Monday afternoon.  I was informed that it would be for 4 days, so by my reckoning this could be Day 4, but to give the Muhtar the benefit of the doubt we'll ignore Monday and call it  Day 3.

I have been very careful with my supply of bottled water.  I have one wash a day.  I wash up the dishes once a day.  I flush the toilet once a day...and in between chuck down loads of bleach.  The dogs have to have water every day to drink and so do I.   Even though I have been careful, my supply is running low, but I felt confident that I could make it last through to Day 4.

I happened to ask Mr A on the phone this morning if he could ring the Muhtar to get some idea when the water would be switched on again tomorrow, in case I needed to go to the village for another 5 litre bottle.

He phoned me back a few minutes later to say that the water was going to be off for at least another 4 days!!   The water truck came last night, but of course I was unable to make use of it.  Impossible to carry huge containers back up the hill.  The shop in the village has now run out of drinking water.

Tonight Mr A has to make another round trip home to take every empty container we have and fill up with water somewhere outside the village.

And still no-one in this village is even slightly annoyed or put out about all this....except me.  I am utterly pissed off!

12 comments:

  1. Does everyone live downhil...or do others have someone to fetch water for them?
    Not much solidarity, is there. Times like this you realise that integration is a two way process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And those were my very thoughts today Helen. So I have been stirring up shit and rattling a few cages on the village Facebook page today....watch this space :-)

      Delete
  2. Guess it is never quiet in the village!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally unacceptable and your muhtar should be sacked. Mr A should stand for election as he's going to be around in the summer now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is unacceptable BtoB. As I understand it the Muhtar's job seems to have been handed down from father to son through the generations, and the men all accept it...because of course the women have no say in it!

      Delete
  4. You've identified a key to the problem, Ayak, and that is the complacency of the villagers...rattle away. I hope you get water within the stated period. Sounds awful
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm not holding my breath Annie. It's a huge job, which frankly should have been done in stages years ago, instead of constantly repairing old metal pipes. At least when they're all replaced with plastic ones, there should be an improvement.

      Delete
  5. Another 4 days? That's intolerable, Ayak. Does the water truck bring enough for everyone's needs or do some people have their own well? Poor Mr A has enough to do without supplying you with water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perpetua I don't know if anyone has their own well, and I haven't seen the size of the water truck, but since yesterday a pipe is open in the centre of the village for filling up containers...there's still the climb up the hill though!

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x