Pages

Saturday, 21 September 2013

I am just too angry to talk anymore

The water returned at 1pm today.   I was quite excited.  I flushed the toilet, but before attempting to do anything else I popped out to tell my two elderly neighbours that it was back.

When I returned to the house 10 minutes later, the water was off again.

I have posted this on the village Facebook page, having first deleted all other comments I made on there.

"G***** and F**** thankyou for your support over the water problem in this village, and also my concerns about the rubbish.

You will see that I have deleted the post about rubbish and all my other comments relating to the water. The reason for this is because I am clearly wasting my time and energy trying to get points across to the members of this village.

Even though you, G*****, were kind enough to post about my concerns for the elderly at the top of this village and to ask for help from the young and able bodied to bring water up here, there was no response. I have watched my neighbour struggle with water every day for the past 13 days. I am also not so young and have some  health problems,so had to get my husband to leave his job to come home several times with water for me.

The water returned at around 1pm today. I managed to flush my toilet but then went off to inform my elderly neighbours that the water had returned. By the time I returned to my house, the water was off again.

I have since found out that as soon as it was switched on, those people living lower down and in the centre of the village immediately started to use it and as they were using so much, there was not enough for us at the top of the village. No doubt these are the same people who failed to offer help when it was needed. No thought or concern for anyone other than themselves. So we up here have to wait.

I am angry about all this, but mostly I am disappointed with the apathy and selfishness of many of the people in this village."

............I just don't know what else to say.  I will no doubt now be the most unpopular person in this village, but am past caring.  

11 comments:

  1. Oh Ayak, no! What a frustrating disappointment for you after so long a wait. I'm guessing that the water has been switched back on at lower than usual pressure in case of leaks or weak spots, hence its disappearance at the top of the village. Hopefully it will be up to full pressure soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you could be right Perpetua. That makes sense

      Delete
  2. What a nightmare. I can only imagine your frustration and anger. It will be interesting to see if you get any response from your latest fb post. I hope some of those tea house frequenters feel guilty. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No response Janice. I don't think they know how to feel guilty.

      Delete
  3. oh Ayak! I have no words to help. but oh Ayak :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok KV. That will do nicely x

      Delete
  4. Surely if the water reached you before the pipe replacement it should reach you now despite what the rest of the village are using. Sounds to me like the pipe has burst before it gets to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes BtoB, I'm confused as to why this happened. Maybe Perpetua's explanation is right. I am going by what the Muhtar told Mr A...and my next post will be about that.

      Delete
  5. That is so dreadful...the return of the water only to have it cut off again.
    Selfish, unthinking people further down the line!
    And at a guess, no guilt whatsoever....

    We have it here with one neighbour who decides to empty her swimming pool without warning anyone...so you have to check that the overflow pipe is running before doing anything major with water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Helen. I'm afraid there are some selfish people in the world. I doubt they will change.

      Delete
  6. Oh Linda, how bloody awful (sorry for my Fench!). The Muhtar should have made sure that the elderly and people living higher up were given as much help as possible. The people living in this village don`t seem to care about anything. Not complaining about the water being off for such a long time and then not caring that others are not actually getting the water supply. I really hope by now that everything is back to normal. Thank goodness you are getting away from there for a well deserved break. F.XXX

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x