Friday, 27 September 2013

I'm probably wasting my time....

......trying to get through to the people of this village, but something compels me to keep going.

If you're fed up with me talking about the water problem ...then stop reading now.

For those of you still reading, although water was restored on Sunday, for the last three days it has been cut off again for most of the day and evening.

It would seem that there are problems with pumping it up to the top of the village, and if those at the bottom used less, then we would at least get some.  So again I have been on the Facebook village page:

"Work is still being carried out with the water supply here. Although water was restored at the weekend, there is still problem with pumping sufficient water to the top of the village.

I hope those of you at the bottom of the village are enjoying your water. But please spare a thought for those of us at the top of the village while you are selfishly using as much as you want, and more, that this prevents us from having any water at all. We have had no water for most of the time for the last three days.

Please have some consideration for others. Use less water, then maybe we can all have some."


Gokhan, the guy in Izmir, has kindly translated it for me, so we will see what happens.  I suspect nothing.

12 comments:

  1. Oh, how infuriating!
    And how is Mr.A to cope when you're away...coming home only in the evening?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beyond infuriating now Helen. I think Mr A will decide against travelling back and forth every day, but if he decides to do it, he'll be ok without water as he can shower at work and get his washing done at a laundry. I won't be here and selfish as it may sound, I have suffered this for almost 3 weeks now, so it's maybe time for him to see what I've had to put up with.

      Delete
  2. You have infinite patience. I like your letter and hope it has the required effect.
    I would be going bananas by now!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I doubt anyone will read it Maggie, or even respond if they do. It does help me to get it off my chest though x

      Delete
  3. I don't understand how the new system can be worse than the old???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get it either BtoB. All I know is that there has been hardly any water at this end of the village since Wednesday. There has been some today but the pressure is so low that it's not reaching the tank on the roof so was forced to have a cold shower with the drizzle coming from the tap.

      Delete
  4. My fingers are crossed that you get some water as a result of your facebook post. As you say, you can't give up - I just hope someone takes notice.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was no response from the Facebook post Annie. I went down to the village myself to look for the Muhtar this morning. No sign of him in his office. I asked at the teahouse and no-one seemed to know where he was...now there's a surprise!

      Delete
  5. (((HUGS))) I'm hoping for the best for you....my patience would have run out days ago. What new system did they install???
    Probably the "Muhtar' is in hiding....as usual. Good you are posting on Facebook, maybe someone will take notice. It's like a vicious circle you are going around..... like almost getting to an unhealthy state..... if this happened here I'm sure some law suits would be starting, for some kind of compensation.... but then we have different laws.

    Take care..... and I'm not bored reading about this. I just hope there was something I could help you with if I lived there. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have replaced all the old metal pipes with plastic ones Erica. Should have been done gradually over the years but they have obviously waited until it was a matter of urgency.

      I have to laugh when you talk about law suits...no chance here!

      The water is back since late yesterday, and today has been ok...touch wood!

      Delete
  6. Sadly your post probably won't have any effect, except that you'd have exploded with frustration if you hadn't written it. Perhaps if Mr A is home while the water supply is so poor, he may be able to get through to the Muhtar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posting about it did help ease the frustration Perpetua. I'm sure Mr A will have another go at the Muhtar...if he can find him!

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x