Monday, 30 September 2013

This week

Touching wood as I type, the water has been running normally for two days now so hopefully the work has been completed.  Typical that I'm off to England tomorrow, so have been frantically catching up on washing for the past 24 hours.

I am pleased to say that the papilloma virus tumour in Sammy's mouth has, as Mehmet predicted, dropped off.  The treatment that Mehmet gave was exactly right and Sammy has had no problems with it at all.  The area is clean and you would never know that there had been anything untoward there.  My vet certainly knows what he's doing.

Mr A should have been finishing his job in Gumbet today, but as usual nothing ever goes according to plan.  He is at the moment at the workshop where his car is being fixed.  As anyone who lives in Turkey probably knows, mechanics are not always reliable.  It's always best to be there watching them while they're doing the work.  They are known to say they have fixed certain things when they haven't, or replaced parts with secondhand ones rather than new.  He has no idea how long he will have to wait, but  Turks never seem to mind hanging around for hours.

Although his contract ends today, his boss has asked him to stay on longer...maybe for a few more weeks.  Out of some misguided sense of loyalty to a boss who has worked him almost to death for just 10% commission for the past 5 months, he has agreed.  He's hoping for a last chance to earn some money.  It's wishful thinking in my opinion.   I'm not happy about it, but what can I do?  He's a man, and a Turkish one at that, and will do what he wants.

It does mean that he will have to travel to Gumbet every day and come home every night in order to feed the dogs and let them out for a run while I'm in England.  Poppy usually stays in the house when we are out, but a whole day is too long for her, so Mr A is going to take her to work with him every day.  He says she will be fine with him.  They have an office and she will be safe....I hope so!

I have only just started to think about packing.  I have no idea what to take.  The suitcase is lying open in front of me while I procrastinate.  Hence my logging on to write this post. 

I'd better get my act together and make a start.

I've no idea what time, if any, I will have to write or read blogs while I'm away, so if you don't hear from me, I'll see you all again in a couple of weeks.

17 comments:

  1. Safe journey, Ayak, and have a wonderful time with your family. So glad that Sammy is doing well, but sorry that Mr A feels such loyalty to a boss who has done nothing to deserve it. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perpetua. Sometimes he's too loyal for his own good x

      Delete
  2. Oh I wish I wasn't leaving tomorrow too - we must plan better next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been nice to have been on the same flight BtoB. Storms are forecast for tomorrow, around the time I fly...typical. You should be OK though. Safe journey. I'll ring you when I get back xxx

      Delete
  3. Have a wonderful time with your daughter and those lovely grandsons. The thought of them brings laughter....I'm thinking of them painting the kitchen. Look forward to you posting in a couple of weeks. Pat McDonald

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Pat. Their antics make me smile too. Actually I'm still chuckling at something my daughter tells me Jimi said today. Pointing at his elbow he said "Mummy I have a poorly dumbo"...nearly the right word haha x

      Delete
  4. So pleased to hear about the water. I hope it will be still up and running when you return from the stay in England but for now, you must be really excited about seeing your Grandsons again.
    Hope Mr A can make some more cash through staying on at work. You can't fault that man for trying so hard against difficult odds.
    Hope everything goes smoothly.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  5. The poorly dumbo made me laugh out loud....I know people to whim that ohrase could well apply!

    Enjoy yourself with your daughter and the boys...and let Mr. A worry about the rest. You'll go off easier in mind that Sammy's problems are sorted, I expect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I step on that plane I will stop worrying Helen, except that there are storms brewing today and I hate flying in storms.

      Delete
  6. Hope you have a good trip and enjoy the company of your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you have a lovely time, and that you are able to stop worrying about the dogs and Mr A. I am sure he'll manage fine, in his own way. Just enjoy your well deserved break. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!
    Glad your dog is better and wow what a great Vet.
    Mr. A know doubt will have some tales to tell you when you get back. I hope he manages to get back each night.
    F.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, have a marvellous time and don't even think about water problems or indeed any other Turkey-related problems while you are there!! İyi yolculuklar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that you have flown off in those storms and hope you are now safely with your daughter and those gorgeous grandsons. And have a perfectly lovely, relaxed time. I know it's a bit of a haul for Mr A but he did have a choice. I'll bet Poppy has quite a good time too!
    Take care and enjoy every minute of your visit. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thankyou everyone for your good wishes. I am having a lovely time. Far from relaxing but very enjoyable xx

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x