Saturday, 21 December 2013

Christmas Cards

It's that time of year to send seasonal greetings. 

My dear blogging friends, you know I'm not religious, and I don't like all the commercial stuff which starts far too early, but I always enjoyed Christmas with my family.  For me it has always been a special time when I have been fortunate enough to be with my family in England.  Otherwise it's just another day.

As far as cards are concerned, we have just one, which my brother gave to me when I visited the UK in October.  I have also received some eCards, which are very much appreciated...thankyou xx

I think cards brighten up a room, so in lieu of our lack of cards, Mr A and I have sent cards to ourselves from all the dogs...a bit silly really, but it cheered us up writing them! 

And here are my Christmas "cards" to all my blogging friends.  I know those of you who are religious, also have a sense of humour, so trust you won't be offended


 



And finally...not really a card...but a photo that brightened my day.  Billy and Jimi visiting Santa:


 
 
 
Wishing you all a very Happy Christmas and a Healthy and Peaceful New Year xxx

18 comments:

  1. Maybe you could use this snowman picture in some way?
    As long as you are together, that is the main thing. I think it was rather sweet getting cards from all the dogs.
    Hoping your Christmas will be enjoyable and peaceful.

    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you, Mr. A and all the dogs a lovely Christmas & New Year and hope there are no more problems in your village. Your grandchildren are beautiful. F.XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Fleur. I think they're lovely too (naturally)

      It looks like it will be the new year before we manage to catch up...will be in touch when I get back from England xxx

      Delete
  3. Many thanks, Ayak, and wishing you and Mr A a peaceful Christmas with your beloved dogs and a happy and healthy New Year. I love the card about the Wise Women. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Perpetua. That was my favourite too :-)

      Delete
  4. I used to send my first husband cards from the cats. My second husband doesn't like the cats! Peace and good wishes to you all 2 legs and 4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou KV. I'm pretty sure our cats and dogs would send themselves if they could :-)

      Delete
  5. The Wise Women card made me laugh....as The Men embark on yet another project at this end....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a feeling you'd like that one Helen!

      Delete
  6. Thank you Ayaks....many many thanks. Wishing you and Mr. A a very Joyous, Peaceful and Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year....and for all your lil' cute doggy's. May the new year bring you lots of special blessings.
    So cute the cards you put up...
    Take care....lucky you don't have snow....we had some but we have some freezing rain coming down now so it is quite slippery outside. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Erica. The sun has been shining today and temps up to around 17 degrees, not bad for December...although it's freezing in the house :-(

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards, Ayak. Compliments of the season and look forward to meeting you on the blog in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Maria. Lots of love to you and the family xxx

      Delete
  9. Happy Christmas and New Year to you and the family! xox

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x