Monday, 27 January 2014

Easy come...easy go

Today is the third day Mr A has been unable to work with the builder because of the rain.  

This morning he set of alone to the industrial estate to feed the dogs. It had stopped raining and we decided I should stay at home just in case the builder phoned to tell him work was on for today, and he could go straight there and not have to bring me home.

As some dogs disappear, more arrive to take their place (see my daily update on "Street Dog Feeding and Treatments" at the top of the page).

The roads in the village are gradually being repaired, but although we were told that our stretch of road was not going to be done, it seems that due to Mr A's constant protests and nagging the Muhtar, it will be done...eventually.  No idea when.  In the meantime it continues to cause damage to our car.

When Mr A reached the outskirts of the industrial estate this morning it was clear that there was damage to one of the wheels.   Fortunately, the man who did the previous repairs was in his unit and towed the car there.   A new part has to be purchased and then the wheel fixed.  He is not charging for his labour, but it will still cost 120 lira.  

Mr A is owed 90 lira from his previous job, less 5 lira for the transport which equals 85 lira.   The current boss owes him for 2 days work so far (100 lira), although he is unlikely to get this yet.   As usual we are paying out before it's coming in.

Easy come, easy go?    Certainly it goes out far quicker than it comes in!

Edited to add:  It's that time of year for moaning...and I really need to find something cheerful to write about....bear with me!

14 comments:

  1. Hope Mr. A is able to get some work soon and that the roads get fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelleyn. Glad to see you are home now with Avery, and hope she is settling in well with the rest of the family xxx

      Delete
  2. Sending you some love x wish it could be more helpful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's appreciated auntiegwen, thankyou xx

      Delete
  3. Why is it that misfortunes come on waves and good things in small well separated droplets....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thatis life Helen. Right I'm off out to look for some of those droplets :-)

      Delete
  4. Unfortunately it is the time of year for moaning!! I don`t have anything positive going on either Linda..........but of course me saying that doesn`t help at all.
    I hope things improve for all of us and the street cats and dogs too.F.XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fleur, I'm sure we'll shake ourselves out of this mood once the weather changes. It's not really cold of course, but the rain and dark skies are quite depressing x

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, I feel moany too - I've had to cancel classes because of my cold, just when we need the money most, but no way could I have coped last week. It's not the same as not being paid what is owed though - that really deserves a lot of moaning. I do hope the road is done soon - your poor car has too much to put up with.
    I do hope the skies clear soon. Blue sky puts a different light on everything.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm reassured to know I'm not the only one feeling moany at the moment Annie. You're right, blue skies will make all the difference. Get well soon x

      Delete
  6. Trying to catch up, Ayak, so not commenting on all posts. I'm glad to read that Mr A has had some work, but so sorry that it's at such poor rates of pay and it's still so hard for him actually to get the pay owed to him. I do hope things improve soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perpetua. I feel like I'm following you around this evening :-)

      Delete
  7. Must be Liz's black moon rising. Luckily this can never happen in February so hope everyone's spirits rise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too BtoB...roll on February!

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x