Monday, 6 January 2014

The start of a new year

Hello 2014.  I was full of hope that this year would prove to be better than last.  Early indications are that this may well not be the case.

Mr A has been poorly since I left home on the 30th December. He has seen a doctor and he has pneumonia.  I feel bad that I am not there to look after him, but he is trying to remain cheerful in spite of it, and fortunately the weather at home has been mostly good.  Sunny days, that have enabled him to sit outside and relax.  One positive that has emerged from this, is that the doctor said he must stop smoking, and he has now for 5 days.   I realise how difficult this is for him, and he must be feeling pretty ill, because normally nothing would stop his craving for cigarettes.

He has been updating me by sending me photos of the dogs, so that I won't worry about them, and these two shots show that they are quite happy.  He has given some dried food to our neighbour, who has taken it to the teahouse, to feed the street dogs, until Mr A recovers.


.

Here in England, I have enjoyed the company of my adorable grandsons.  They are boisterous and they wear me out, but I love it.

However, there are several big family problems at the moment which I couldn't even talk about on here, which frankly seem insurmountable at this point in time.  This is causing me a great deal of stress and anxiety, mostly because I doubt there will be solutions before I return home on Saturday.

Not the start to the new year that I hoped for, but fingers crossed it will get better very soon.

18 comments:

  1. So happy that you are able to enjoy the company of your grandson, but sorry Mr. A is so sick. Praying he stops smoking! Wishing you a better 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about the problems....it's so much worse when you can't see how to come to a solution.
    Poor Mr. A...off to hospital for a graze on the eye...and then cops a bout of pneumonia!
    Lucky that the weather is so good and that he can take it easy.
    Fingers crossed for better outcomes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. I have fingers, toes and pretty much everything crossed at the moment x

      Delete
  3. Happy New year my lovely, sending all good wishes and thoughts your way, hope things improve soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Linda, so sorry your husband is ill and especially whilst you are away. I hope everyday will bring better news.
    Families? well yes, there are always difficulties and you never know, things may get sorted out before you come back, just be positive, I know you are as a rule, but sometimes things can get on top of us.
    Keep your chin up!!.
    Lots of love. F.XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Fleur. Trying to be as positive as possible xx

      Delete
  5. I'm really sorry to hear about Mr A's pneumonia and your family problems. I also cannot write about everything that is on my heart and I think every family has a problem of some kind to deal with. Being a mother doesn't come easy, does it because no matter how old the children get to, we still go on worrying as I dare say our parents went on worrying about us.
    Hope Mr A gets better very soon and I'm glad he's quit the smoking.
    Luv & hugs,
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. Yes you are right, we never stop worrying about our children, although sometimes I'm sure they don't realise quite how much xx

      Delete
  6. Geçmis olsun for Mr A.

    And family problems well.... I guess we all have them and none of us talk about them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou omentide. Yes, some things are best left unsaid x

      Delete
  7. I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulties at the moment. But good news that Mr A. has decided to stop smoking. I've just given up (2 weeks ago) after 27 years smoking and I wish I had done it earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. I'm not sure Mr A is going to stick with this. I suspect he has already started smoking again. Well done you for giving up. xx

      Delete
  8. Sorry I missed this at the time, Ayak, as I was away. I do hope Mr A is feeling much better now and that the family circumstances in England may perhaps turn out to be not quite as bad as you fear. Mr A giving up smoking would be a big plus, though. I didn't find giving-up easy, but it's one of the best things I ever did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perpetua. I'd like to say Mr A has continued NOT to smoke but sadly as soon as he felt better he started again :-(

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x