Pages

Saturday, 18 January 2014

Update and Photos

I want to say a huge thankyou to those kind people who have donated to my dog feeding fund in response to my last post.  Three people have also set up regular monthly payments which has enabled me to budget for sacks of dog food, and it's a relief to know that I can now feed strays every day.  I am so grateful to all of you...bless you.

The village strays are coming and going.  This is a little worrying because although there still some around, others have completely disappeared.  Mr A has established through the grapevine that some of these may have been shot by farmers here, the others have been dumped elsewhere.

We heard that some of them may have been taken to the industrial estate out on the main road, so we set off early to see if this was the case.  We recognised one or two, but there are also many more dogs on the estate.  We have decided to travel out to the industrial estate every day now to feed the dogs there.  We have spoken to men working there who have promised to put out water for them.  To be honest, I feel they are safer there than in our village.   Someone has also been putting out slops in a container, which although doesn't look too appetizing, at least shows that someone cares enough to leave some food.

There are puppies amongst those we found.  Two are being looked after by one of the workers in a large oil drum to keep them safe.  We have promised food for them every day and we will also worm them.   Three more puppies were fed and we will also worm them on our next visit.

Because Milas Belediye is not being very helpful about the problem at the moment, and I doubt they will be until after the local elections, Mr A and I are planning to drive over to Mugla within the next week to talk to the Governor of the Province.  We are hoping to persuade him to put pressure on Milas Belediye to do something about these dogs...at least to implement the TNR (trap, neuter and release) programme, which they should be doing by law.   Although our village does not yet come under the control of Milas Belediye, the industrial estate does, so hopefully this may work.

We took lots of photos this morning as Mr A wants to show these to the Governor, but I thought I would share them here too:
















Mum and baby



This one has an ear clip which indicates it has been neutered, so either dumped by someone in Milas or came here by himself









2 pups being kept safe by in an oil drum by one young man. We will feed every day and worm them



3 more pups to be fed every day and we will worm them too  



Thankyou again to all those who have donated to make this possible. If anyone else would like to help, you will find the Paypal button at the top of my blog.   Every little helps, no matter how small.  Thankyou xx 


2 comments:

  1. Such lovely dogs and puppies...they deserve to have homes where they are loved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do Helen, but I doubt that will happen. All we can do is try to keep them safe, fed and healthy, and eventually get them neutered. x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x