Pages

Thursday, 27 February 2014

Puppy update

The 2 puppies adopted in the village are doing fine. I've checked on them this morning and the family are looking after them well. 

 The mother has stopped feeding the remaining pups and they are starting to wander so we have spent since early this morning dashing around checking on suitable homes in the village where people have shown an interest. 

 Two boys will hopefully go to two separate homes today, and 1 boy is to be homed by a man on the industrial estate. This leaves 1 boy and 1 girl. If necessary we will bring these two home with us to look after until homes can be found. 

 The mum needs spaying and vaccinating as soon as possible and Mehmet the vet is awaiting our call.  She also has a skin problem which he will deal with at the same time.  I've heard no further word from the lady who  kindly offered to pay for mum to be spayed, but I don't think she has been on Facebook for a few days, so hopefully she will be in touch soon. 

We also need to raise money for flea treatments and for the first parvo virus/distemper vaccinations for all 7 pups within the next 2 weeks. We are going to continue worming them. We still have some worm tablets left which will cover the next dose and then we will re-stock.   Any donations at this time, no matter how small, will be very welcome.

It's been a very busy few hours but if we manage to home all but two pups today, then I'll be happy.  I have a feeling we might well keep the two remaining pups.   I know...I said no more...but you know what I'm like!   

8 comments:

  1. Linda, you and your husband are doing an amazing job......It's so lovely and heartwarming to read all you have both done for those pups and their mother. I'm sorry I'm not in a financial position to donate as I have an enormous amount of dogs I feed regularly myself, with no financial help........ but I just wanted to let you know that myself and I'm sure many other out there, commend you for the hard work and dedication to these animals........well done and keep up the good work

    Elaine Pringle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Elaine. And although I regularly ask for donations, I don't want anyone to ever feel obliged to give. Some donate to other very worthy causes and some just cannot afford to, and that's fine. You are doing a grand job yourself, and it's appreciated xxx

      Delete
  2. Elizabeth Stephen27 February 2014 at 15:06

    Robert has sent something little for the puppies to try and help. You are doing such a great job it's the least we can do. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much Elizabeth and Robert for your support, your advice, and most of all your friendship xxx

      Delete
  3. Yes, we do know what you're like....kind hearted and suiting actions to words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done so well to find homes for so many already, Ayak and yes, we know what you're like - quite incorrigible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid you're probably right Perpetua :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x