Pages

Friday, 11 April 2014

....and relax!

Yes I am quite visibly more relaxed than I was yesterday.  Mr A arrived home yesterday afternoon and I was so pleased to see him.  All the dogs made a huge fuss of him, even the puppies, which surprised him as he didn't think they would notice him being away.

It kind of feels like I've got my normal life back...whatever normal is!  Anyway I'm happy.

After a cup of coffee and a catch-up, Mr A set off to the industrial estate to check on the dogs and to see if the café owner was feeding them regularly.   They are all well, and the café owner has been doing a marvellous job.   He still has some dried food left, which he is supplementing with café scraps, but we dropped off another sack today.  He will continue the feeding, but we will still monitor this and of course provide the dried food. 

Unfortunately the feeding of the village dogs by the teahouse man has been a bit hit and miss.  Mr A fed two dogs this morning, but he will go back this evening to search for more of the regulars.  On our way to Milas this morning we stopped to feed a dog who gave birth to 9 pups a couple of weeks ago.  We were invited in to look at the pups by the people who own the dog.  These are people who lead a pretty basic life and don't have much money, so we left a few days supply of dried food for the mum, and a promise to worm the pups regularly from now on.  Mr A will also start asking around to see if homes can eventually be found for the pups.

In  Milas this morning we called in to see the dentist that had been recommended by my friendly pharmacist.  He also has the same surname as the previous dentist so I was a little apprehensive, thinking that maybe he was related.   He's not, and he is quite different.  His surgery is very much state of the art, and he is very efficient.   He saw me for 20 minutes even though I didn't have an appointment.  Examined my teeth and I had an x-ray.  We then looked at this on his laptop (and I also have a dvd of it to keep).

The broken piece of tooth can't be fixed onto the existing bit, but I didn't think that this would be possible.  However, because it's the back of the tooth that is broken and the front still looks normal, he said it would be possible to rebuild the tooth.  But first I have to have some root canal work.  This will be done on Monday morning, then a further appointment made to rebuild the tooth.

He didn't try to talk me into having bridge and crown work done, which is often the case here, but said that if I were to go down this route, then it would be expensive because several teeth would need to be crowned or some would not look so natural alongside my existing teeth.   I asked if I would need my teeth scaled and polished and he said it was an unnecessary expense as I clearly looked after my teeth and gums well.  In any case he said that it isn't wise to have this done too often.

I paid 40 lira (about £11.50) for the consultation and x-ray.   The treatment over two appointments next week will cost me 350 lira (about £100).  This seems pretty reasonable to me.

We did some shopping and returned home, then Mr A returned to the vets to buy 9 Paraband collars for our dogs, and 3 more sacks of food for the street and estate dogs....thanks to donations...which of course we still need if we are to continue to look after the dogs.

All in all a pretty successful day, and one that made me really appreciate how much I love and need my husband.

12 comments:

  1. Awwww. Bless you both.
    Reunited at last.
    There is only one happiness in life****** To love and be loved in return.
    Kind regards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou xxx (I don't usually post Anonymous comments but this was such a nice message...do please add a name to any future comments xx)

      Delete
  2. The non musical dentist sounds a good proposition...fingers crossed!

    And of course the puppies missed Mr. A!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was delighted that he had been missed Helen. And sometimes I need to recognise his value and not take him for granted.

      Fingers crossed for the new dentist (anything's better than the singing...and waiting)

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness things are going well for a change. Can you send me some of your luck? ......Bah Bah.........problems, problems, problems. Love.F.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Fleur. This is life in Turkey as we know it. I'm always a little wary when things go well because sure enough there are usually problems just around the corner. Hope things improve for you soon xxx

      Delete
  4. Glad this dentist worked out better! So lovely to hear of all the work you guys are putting in with the dogs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deniz. I think the dogs keep me sane! Am just about to do another post with some photos of the pups....watch this space!

      Delete
  5. So glad Mr A is back. He is a treasure and I'm also pleased that all is going well with your dog feeding and with the tooth problem!
    Phew! You have a lot on your plate!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good job I'm retired Maggie. I don't know how I'd manage if I was still working xx

      Delete
  6. The new dentist sounds very promising and it's good he's not trying to add to the cost by automatically doing things like scale and polish. Of course the dogs will have missed Mr A as he shares so much in looking after them. It must be lovely to have him home where he belongs. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's reassuring to have a dentist who is just going to repair the tooth with the problem rather than trying to do all sorts of other unnecessary things as well. Not looking forward to the root canal work as I've had this done before and it's not pleasant, but will be pleased when it's all done.

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x