Sunday, 27 April 2014

Happy Birthday my beautiful boys

I'm usually in England now to celebrate the birthdays of my gorgeous grandsons Billy, who was 5 years old on the 23rd, and Jimi who will be 3 years old on the 29th.  For several reasons it just wasn't possible this time, and I do miss them and my daughter.

ready for the party yesterday

First night in bunkbeds, a birthday present from their Grandad.  This should be fun!


They had a joint birthday party yesterday at a place called Junglemania.  The same venue where they celebrated last year, when I was lucky enough to be there to watch the fun.  It's a large indoor area with lots of climbing frames, slides, and soft areas, and the children have such a good time.  It is followed by a tea party in a private room, then they all leave for home thoroughly exhausted.

The last of my airmiles with Turkish Airlines have enabled me to reserve my flights for October.  It's a free ticket and of course the taxes have to be paid (but not immediately).   It's still a fraction of the full price though.  I constantly search the website for available free flights and they are so difficult to find unless you book well in advance, so if I don't do it now it won't happen.

There is also a promotion running at the moment where you use less of your airmiles to book, so I have actually managed to obtain the return flight in Business Class!   All award tickets  come up as "limited capacity" when you book, so  they are not guaranteed, but I will  check in very early on the day in the hope that all goes according to plan.

It seems such a long way off, but it's something to look forward to.

 

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've had to miss your grandsons' birthday celebrations this year, Ayak, but thanks to the wonders of Facebook you can at least share in the fun from a distance. Two small boys in bunk-beds - a recipe for some wonderful goings-on. :-) I'm glad you've been able to book your flight for October and will keep my fingers crossed that all goes smoothly for you then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perpetua. Apparently they love the bunkbeds and are keen to go to bed early! I'm sure the novelty will wear off! So looking forward to seeing them in October.

      Delete
  2. I wish I could work these air miles . I travel a lot and have never once managed to collect a mile. I sign up and then never hear anything more. I will have to pick your brains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BtoB I joined years ago, I think when it first started or shortly after. At that time I was given a temporary (paper) card during that flight, then the plastic one was sent by post. It's been easy to collect the airmiles but not so easy finding suitable dates for award tickets, so obviously over the years I had accumulated quite a lot. Every 2 years some of the miles expire which is very annoying when you cant find flights to use them. I don't understand why you have had a problem. I wonder if there is a phone number or email address you can contact. You should be able to claim back miles if they actually issued you with a membership number, for how far back I'm not sure. But it's a pity if you can't take advantage of the scheme x

      Delete
  3. I remember you telling and showing us how much fun they had at Junglemania last time...so sorry you are not there to be exhausted with them this time.
    I was smiling at the return in Business Class....if the October trip follows form you'll be in need of that comfortable seat and champagne on tap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Helen, the comfort of Business Class will be just what is needed, particularly as the return flight is a night one. Those seats that convert to beds are very appealing!

      Delete
  4. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY'!!!!!!! to your gorgeous Grandsons. How time flies I remember when they were so small....and now such cuties.

    I don't travel so much but my brother does for business and last year with his Air Miles he and his wife flew for free from Canada to Australia .

    Take care and before you know it you will see your Grandsons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. I'm so looking forward to seeing them.

      It's very useful for people who travel a lot for business to have these airmiles schemes, nice to be able to pay just for the taxes rather than the full price.

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x