Pages

Sunday, 6 April 2014

Teeth

I hate it when Mr A goes away.  There never seems to be a balance in the time we have together.  It's all or nothing.  He is here all winter, without work, and sometimes I feel it would be good to have a break from him, and then he goes away to work, which he did on Thursday, and I have no idea when I will see him again.

As I anticipated, this 5% commission only job in Kusadasi isn't working out terribly well.  There aren't many customers and he isn't earning any money.  He has a further four days before the next lot of arrivals at the hotel, so there will be a lot of sitting around doing nothing...and earning nothing.  I knew this would happen.  I tried to tell him, but he's a man...and they know best of course...

In the meantime, I continue to look after my dogs, and Mr A has phoned both the estate café owner who is feeding the dogs there, and also the teahouse man who feeds the dogs in the village, and all is going to plan, so there is no need for me to check on them just yet.

Well this post was entitled "Teeth" and teeth have been causing problems for me this week.  A tiny hole has appeared in one that was filled last year by the dentist in Milas.  I have avoided eating on that side, and intended to phone the dentist for an appointment, but with getting Mr A sorted to go away, I somehow put it to one side.  Then on Friday evening I just happen to touch a tooth on the other side of my mouth with my tongue and it felt like it was cracked.   This is a tooth which I think is called a canine (it's one of the pointy ones).  I touched it quite gently with my finger and almost all of the tooth completely broke away  I have no idea how this happened.  I don't recall biting on anything hard.  I guess it's just old and has worn out.... a bit like me.

I phoned my dentist at home on his mobile number and he is very busy at the moment.  He can fit me in for 10 minutes between appointments on Monday afternoon just to look at it, but can't do anything until Wednesday.  So eating is a bit of a problem at the moment.

And it's not just MY teeth that are causing me grief.  The pups baby teeth are like sharp needles.  They love biscuits and the three of them are so anxious to prevent each other from grabbing them from my hands that they quite often bite me instead of the biscuits.  My fingers are like pin cushions at the moment, and are covered in plasters.   Not to be left out, Freddie was taking a biscuit from me yesterday and bit my finger by mistake.  He didn't draw blood like the pups, but my finger is swollen and bruised.  I think I will be looking for some strong industrial type gloves tomorrow for protection.

Not a great deal to smile about just now!





16 comments:

  1. You have my utmost sympathy, Ayak - how I hate dentists and things that go wrong with teeth...I know I will have to go soon as I have a broken tooth and feel that things keep getting stuck in places where there shouldn't be gaps. Sigh. Fingers crossed it would be something too horrid, painful or expensive for you...or is that just hoping for TOO much? Thinking of you. Ax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might be hoping for too much Annie. I still have the piece of broken tooth and am hoping he can just stick it back together...but I think that's REALLY hoping for too much!

      Delete
  2. I do feel for you...I hate dentistry work being done, nomatter how good the dentist...and it would happen as soon as Mr.A is away.


    Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. I hate it too and prefer it if Mr A is waiting outside for me. And it doesn't help that my dentist insists on singing...remember?

      Delete
    2. Earmuffs?

      Delete
    3. I will certainly need something Helen :-(

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about the broken tooth, Ayak, and just when Mr A has gone away. I do hope it's not giving you any discomfort. You must have enough of that with all the tooth-marks from the pups. Crossing my fingers you can get the tooth mended without it costing too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's broken right up to the gumline Perpetua so I think the tooth must be dead. It doesn't hurt, but the jagged edge is catching on my lip which is a bit annoying. One of the pups' bite is actually quite a deep puncture wound and I'm keeping it covered, but it starts to bleed every time I change the dressing. It will heal eventually I'm sure x

      Delete
  4. Oh dear. Sorry to hear about your tooth catastrophe. Hope you get the wretched things fixed up. I absolutely hate going to the dentist and am a big coward when it comes to tooth pain though I've been very brave with all the cancer treatments I've had to put up with. Must be to do with childhood memories of experiences of the dentist, I think. Not good ones.

    I can remember my childhood pet spaniel used to have really sharp little teeth that she used to gnaw onto my hand frequently. She did grow out of that eventually.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why so many of us fear trips to the dentist Maggie. As you say, probably childhood memories when dentists weren't as good as they are today. As far as the pups are concerned, I could cope with one having the odd bite, but three gets a bit much!

      Delete
  5. Hope your dentist can stick your tooth back together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I really hope so BtoB. I don't know whether dentists can do this but I'm taking the tooth with me just in case.

      Delete
  6. (((HUGS))) Hope you can get this resolved fast with your tooth...worst thing in pain. Glad the pups are being fed by the teahouse man....hope all goes well with you and Mr. A's job. My husband's friend's daughter lost her job 2 years ago with an airline in Izmir and just 2 weeks ago finally landed a job in Istanbul...even though she doesn't want to move but hasn't got any choice...the jobs here are also scarce...I see kids with Master's degrees working at McDonalds......or Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the hugs Erica. The job situation is difficult everywhere isn't it? It's a real shame that youngsters with good qualifications have to just accept anything going x

      Delete
  7. Both my grandparents had their teeth taken out as a treat ! They didn't have them done as a 21st birthday present as I have heard others did, but they said they could not face old age ( which they though started at about 45) with their own teeth...so they saved up and had them removed when they were in their late 40s. Aggghhhh. I hope your dentist managed to sort things out quickly for you without suggesting anything quite so drastic.
    I hope the puppies antics, despite the injured hands are keeping you cheerful in Mr A's absence... thinking of you, as always. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness Janice. I wonder if this was quite common? Come to think of it, I don't ever recall my grandparents having their own teeth because I remember them taking them out at night and keeping in a glass...so I wonder if they did the same thing.

      Antics is an understatement Janice...they are incredibly lively and so fast. Everywhere I go they are at my feet...they've had their paws stepped on a few times (well I guess it serves them right for biting my fingers!)

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x