Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Update and more puppy pics

At last, a dentist who is on time, efficient and good at his job.   No waiting around yesterday for my appointment with my new dentist.  And no singing, just getting on with the job in hand.

Looking at the x-ray again, he thought that the broken tooth might not need root canal work, so decided to start the drilling without anaesthetic, and he was right...no pain.   However, to rebuild the tooth he needed to insert two small pins into the root so quite a few injections in the surrounding area were necessary.   This was a long job, and he had a cancellation following my appointment so decided to complete the job.

There was much drilling and filling, but I am amazed at the end result.  In spite of the fact that most of the tooth is now filling, it actually looks like a crown.  It's difficult to predict how long this will last.   My teeth are old (like me) so the tooth could break again, in which case I may have to have bridge and crown work in the future, but the dentist said it could last a long time, so we'll see.

I was expecting to pay 350 lira, but without the root work, the bill was only 170 lira, so that was a relief.

We checked again on the estate dogs yesterday, and they are all doing well.  The café owner is continuing to feed them with scraps and the dried food that we are supplying.  More of the village dogs have re-appeared now that Mr A is back to feeding them again.  We still need help to continue so donations would be very much appreciated.  I dread reaching a point where we can't feed the dogs because we just don't have the money to do it. 

We managed to get some better photos of the pups, Melek, Chas and Dave yesterday.  Here they are.  (Seeing them thrive from their birth in an abandoned car, to this, makes it all worthwhile)




14 comments:

  1. The three little terrors, they are adorable but look so cheeky!!
    Glad you got your tooth sorted and no root filling.
    I have a back tooth on a post that is now a bit wobbly and I am dreading going to the dentist, not just because I hate the dentist, but the cost......sometimes though they do surprise you!!!.F.xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are running rings round me Fleur...but yes they are gorgeous.

      I was happy with the cost, but then I think regular towns like Milas are cheaper for dental treatment than the tourist towns.

      Delete
  2. You won't need a draught excluder in the winter if you can train them to sit like that in front of the door.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...now there's a thought x

      Delete
  3. I'm so pleased you've found a dentist who has fixed your tooth for a reasonable price. I had the same done to a couple of teeth years ago and the repair has lasted very well indeed.

    Those puppies are growing so fast and I bet they're under your feet all the time. :-) One can start to see the adult dogs they will become.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is good to find a dentist who will actually repair teeth rather than immediately saying they need crowns or bridges. It takes more effort on their part, but it can work and is a lot cheaper.

      Yes the pups are constantly under my feet! xx

      Delete
  4. So happy they were able to save your tooth and the puppies are darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelleyn. They are very precious little things xx

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad that the dentist turned out to be good, honest and reasonably priced.
    As for those puppies - I looked back to the pic of them in that car and think of the chance you and Mr. A gave them - and how they reward you!

    I'm astonished by Monty here...such a tiny thing, smaller than the poodle puppy, and now a mini sheep on stilt like legs whose chief delight is to cuddle up to Leo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must admit Helen that looking at the pic of the pups in the car made me realise that they had very little chance of surviving. Just look at them now :-)

      I am smiling with delight at the thought of Leo's Monty cuddling up to him. How lovely xxx

      Delete
  6. The pups are looking so well, and happy !
    The dentist news sounds excellent.... I was amazed once when deciding ( after 45 years of having a big gap between my 2 front teeth) to have veneers done.....my dentist told me that my teeth were strong and veneers involved actually damaging them to do the cosmetic work...so she filled the gap with a filling ! It has now last 7 or 8 years...so far, so good..... and I have completely forgotten how gappy I used to look ! I hope your is as good. Jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good Janice. I'm amazed at how well he has managed to fill it because the broken piece was quite big. I'd say at least half of the tooth. It actually feels and looks like a crown, at a fraction of the cost. xx

      Delete
  7. So happy you were able to rescue your tooth and the puppies look more and more adorable........my friend just broke a tooth and a crown cost her 2,000. bucks US. All she did was sit in the Dentists's office for 3 hours and soooo much money. I should have went to Dental school.....
    Take care....haven't commented to much but I've been lurking, we were in the US for my husband's business....we are lucky it's only 1 hour to the border so we can drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dental treatment is very expensive in the UK these days too Erica. I'm thankful for the low cost here, or I wouldn't have been able to afford it.

      I hope it's a little warmer across the border!

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x