Thursday, 15 May 2014

An update while I have the chance!

After the TTNet engineers came out to do something with the wires, I had connection for a while, but then the problem started up all over again.  This morning I realised it was actually 12 days of my connection cutting out constantly, and was getting pretty fed up with it all.

Mr A phoned the engineer in Milas again yesterday, and this morning I phoned TTNet in Istanbul and gave them a piece of my mind.   At around 9am the engineer turned up and replaced all the wires outside and inside the house.  I was connected to the internet.  To be sure they also checked and replaced cables leading from our house to the village (which I actually think was the cause of the problem).   Now 8 hours later, it's still working and I am trying to be optimistic about it...but who knows?

In my last post I talked about Mr A being let down about the job in Bodrum that he had travelled all the way back from Kas to sort out.   He returned to Kas and I assumed that would be the last I would see of him for some time.   However, on Sunday late afternoon he turned up, without warning.  He was in a pretty depressed mood and not inclined to talk so I didn't push it.  He fell asleep almost immediately and slept for 13 hours.

On Monday morning he got up and told me he was starting work in Bodrum.  I asked where and he sheepishly told me that it was for the man who had let him down last week.  I wasn't best pleased at this news, and I think this is why Mr A was reluctant to talk to me about it.  But apparently the decision that had been taken last week to employ someone else was made by the boss's partner/brother, and the boss disputed it and contacted Mr A.  He also reimbursed Mr A for the cost of his wasted journey.

It's in a kind of beauty salon as I understand it, which offers hairdressing, permanent make-up tattoos, and all sorts of other treatments (this is not my field of expertise as I never frequent such places...just get my hair cut whenever it's needed!).  Anyway it's Mr A's job to talk to customers and tell them about the services on offer and persuade them to spend their money.   He is pretty good at this sort of thing.  It's commission only....again... which means that this week he has been working from between 8 and 9am until almost midnight every day.  But the commission is on all services provided by all personnel, whether Mr A has sold them or not.  It could be quite lucrative....but we'll see.

The man at the oto galeri had agreed to sort out Mr A's motorbike insurance last week and whilst doing so lent Mr A a car to return to Kas.   Mr A still has the car.   I knew this would happen.  How do I know?  Because it happens every year.   Mr A trades in his motorbike for a car, which means that he owes money and arranges to pay the balance monthly.   He always has high expectations about what he is going to earn during the season.  Sure enough, it doesn't go according to plan, so at the end of the season, he still owes money and sells the car, pays off the debt and gets a motorbike.

I don't even get into discussions about it anymore.  I don't like owing money, but Mr A, like so many other Turks, seem perfectly happy to live this way.  I do rather hope that he does manage to pay for this car though because for a change it's a good one in excellent condition.  And I have to admit that I feel a lot happier about him driving a car than a motorbike on these dangerous roads.

He is staying in personnel accommodation, with all his meals provided, but he will come home once or twice a week.  He came home last night (or rather early hours of this morning) around 12.30.  As it happened, in spite of the dogs area at the back being as secure as Fort Knox,  both Blondie and Freddie had managed to get out, and I couldn't find them.  Thankfully when Mr A arrived they both came rushing to greet him.   Mr A secured the place where they escaped than went to sleep at 2.30am.  This morning he was up at 6.30am trimming back weeds in the garden.   I think lack of sleep and long working hours will take their toll, but I just have to let him get on with it.

So, the end of a post, and I'm still connected.  I'll press "publish" and hope for the best.

11 comments:

  1. Oh the complications of being Mr A.......It sounds as if what he will be doing now will at least mean you see him more often. I do really hope so.....and that the internet connection remains in place for you. Lots of love Jxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Janice he can be infuriating at times but I learned long ago that you can't change people, and why would you want to? On balance his good points far outweigh the bad! Fingers crossed for the connection xxxx

      Delete
  2. Well - you made it into cyberspace OK.
    Glad that is all cleared up for you.
    And I do hope Mr A has lts of success with the new job - he deserves a really good break.
    Speak soon and don't forget I serve a great cup of coffee! lol Hugs ~ Eddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eddie. I'm glad to see you back to blogging again and I'll be over to catch up as soon as I can...connection permitting! xxx

      Delete
  3. I think this is all good news! I wish I could catch up with you properly but I'm off again on Sunday - Hopefully see you in June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so BtoB. It's ages since we caught up. Safe travels and see you soon x

      Delete
  4. There's no point in even thinking about changing Mr. A, is there!
    I'm glad you're back in touch with the world...fingers crossed that the technicians found the problem this time, though I did like the idea of the plastic bottle on the last attempt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason when I tried to reply to your comment, it wouldn't post Helen. I intended to come back and try again later, but it slipped my mind...sorry. You're right, changing Mr A is not going to happen. So far so good with my connection...let's hope it lasts!

      Delete
  5. I could have sworn I replied to this before we went away, but it looks as though I didn't. I'm glad Mr A has now got a job closer to home and I do hope it pays him something approaching what his long hours deserve. Fingers crossed your internet connection really has been mended this time. As for the ongoing saga of the car versus motorbike, i don't think anything will change Mr A's approach to life now....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ayak! We were in your neck of the woods just yesterday, I now realise! We even went into Milas to see that ancient Halicarnassus lookalike tomb - Milas looks like something out of a time warp and pretty interesting at that. Is it? We stayed with Frances in Selcuk overnight and went to the concert in Ephesus.
    This new job sounds promising and I do hope it all works out and you get to keep the car! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia. Fingers still crossed for the job working out...and the car! I love Milas simply because it doesn't change (apart from improving the roads). This is our 6th year here, so I couldn't really say whether people feel it has changed much over the years, but it certainly hasn't during our time. I noticed on FB that you went to the concert at Ephesus...how lovely. And I do hope Frances is keeping well. Give her my best wishes next time you speak to her xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x