Pages

Thursday, 12 June 2014

Accident prone...

...that's me. I think I've mentioned it once or twice before now.  I am pretty clumsy, although it's mostly when I'm tired, which is more often than not these days.

Last weekend we had gale force winds here, some thunder, but no rain.  The wind did quite a lot of damage to the garden, so I have been making attempts to sort it out.   Most of the pots containing geraniums had blown over and the plants damaged, but I managed to rescue most of them.  It does help that even though the plant breaks off, they are quite sturdy, and once just popped back into the soil, seem to grow again.

During this tidy up I managed to bash my head on a tree, have a bit of a tussle with the hosepipe, resulting in me getting drenched from head to toe,  and also slipped over straight into the area just watered, plastering me in mud.

As I came down the balcony steps a few days ago, stepping carefully over the three pups, I bent down to stroke Dave and in his enthusiasm at trying to kiss me, he headbutted me instead, cutting my lip.

I have burnt my arm on the iron, and scalded two fingers on hot water from the tap.   

You may remember the heavy wooden shelves that Mr A made and fixed to the wall in the bathroom?  This afternoon I stood on a stool to place a towel on the top shelf, and the whole thing started to come away from the wall.  In fact it was hanging by one screw.  To stop everything from falling off the shelves, I quickly held up the hanging end with my shoulder, whilst trying to carefully remove the contents.  As a result of this, I now cannot move my neck which is also very painful, as is my shoulder and arm.   I'm taking painkillers and using an anti-inflammatory cream and hoping this will do the trick.

I really shouldn't be left on my own.  It might be safer for me to stay in bed for the rest of the week....if only!



16 comments:

  1. Don't you find that things go in series?
    But when you're on your own there's no one else to hold up the end of shelves, is there!
    I do hope things improve...for both you and the weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Helen. These things always happen when I am on my own and it's so frustrating. I need to train some of these dogs to be more useful I think!

      Delete
  2. Oh no! That is far too many accidents. I think this kind of thing happens to me when I get too. tired.
    Hope you can get more rest.
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had to attempt to become nocturnal again Maggie. Now that the temperatures are near the mid 30s, the dogs are quiet all day. They don't have the energy to do anything but sleep. Which means they are awake all night...and so am I. So I'm trying to get a couple of naps during the day when possible.

      Delete
  3. Porr Ayak. Tiredness does make us more clumsy and vulnerable to accidents and the combination of heat, rough weather and having to cope on your own makes accidents more likely. Please do try to take things easy and rest your neck, shoulder and arm to give them time to heal. Hugs Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perpetua. Have taken it easy today. In any case it's Friday 13th so I've been extra careful!

      Delete
  4. As the song goes....."Things can only get better".

    Sometimes i feel that if i need to slow down and do less stuff.... and i dont, life has a way of making sure that i do rest awhile. If i don't get the first warning i.e. a pebble in the pond shows small ripples. then a stone. then you eventually hit a brick wall or a tree!
    Take care of yourself linda, have some me time, just occasionally.( i know that it must be difficult on your own and we do like to triple multitask. Hope you are well soon.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right Jan. I will take your advice...and thankyou xx

      Delete
  5. ahh.............feel so bad for you. I too when tired I always break my arm...already 4 times in the same wrist. I know being alone in some circumstances things always happen when you multi-task....especially if you are over tired.
    If this makes you feel better my husband has never gotten his cup of coffee outside in the morning without dropping it, spilling it or tripping with it.
    Hope all is well with you.....I'm getting my daughter ready to go to Brighton with her friend......they giggle everytime they talk to someone in the UK and they say 'brilliant'...because we don't use that word and it means something else here...oh well they will get use to it.XXXX....take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to smile at the picture of your husband with his coffee Erica. Mr A is a bit like that too!

      I bet your daughter is getting excited. She will love Brighton. And she will have a lot more unfamiliar words and expressions to get used to I'm sure.

      Delete
  6. Oh I do sympathise, Ayak. I am a tad accident prone too...but it does seem as though you've had a particularly bad week here. Hope your neck and shoulder gets better soon and that you manage to have a less stressful week. Take care Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an exceptional week for accidents Annie. Not one I intend to repeat! My neck and shoulder are getting better, and I am avoiding doing anything that might cause another mishap! xx

      Delete
  7. You poor thing.....best not to attempt anything even vaguely physical in the next few days. if the weather is anything like it is here... it'll be too hot to move anyway ! Take care. Jxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice....yes it's too hot to do anything at the moment.

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x