Pages

Thursday, 31 July 2014

A change of name

I started this blog in March 2009.   I called it Turkish Delight.  Not very original.  I even put a photo of Turkish delight on the header.

Over the years I have discovered other blogs with Turkish Delight in the title.  Clearly there are others with as little imagination as me. So after a while I added my username Ayak to the title.    Recently, more blogs are arriving on the scene using Turkish delight in the blog name.

Time for a change, but just a small one.  My blog is now called Ayak's Turkish Life.

I assumed it would be fairly easy to change the name.  It was.  I also changed the URL and maybe I should have just left it, because my blog suddenly disappeared.  Well of course Ayak's Turkish Delight has disappeared, but  my blog with it's new title is still here.

I'm editing this post because I spent the best part of today tearing my hair out trying to put right the mistake I made.  I should not have changed the URL because it would mean I would lose a lot of my followers who aren't on Facebook.   I just couldn't solve this problem, so eventually called on the fantastic K (Perpetua of Perpetually in Transit blog) who is brilliant at these things, and she has changed the URL back for me.

So the URL remains the same as it was before and just the name of the blog has changed.  Panic over.  Thanks Perpetua



Nothing in life is ever straightforward is it?

14 comments:

  1. Hello Ayak! Found you and your newly named blog without a hitch. Just need to catch up on reading now....hope you didn't think I'd left you. (No way!) Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I'd never think that Annie. Glad you found me xxx

      Delete
  2. Link works fine for me, I'll change the header for you on my blog when I get back to my desk top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BtoB. Now I know the link works ok. I messed up big time in changing the URL as well. I should have done something about redirecting to the new URL first I think, but now it's impossible to do. I may lose some readers as a result.

      Delete
  3. Thank goodness I found you...went into a panic for a second. It said your Blog was removed but found you back on FB and came here.....Great name. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding me Erica, and now you will see from the edit above that it's back to the original URL. My brain hurts!

      Delete
  4. Found you!
    What a pain it is changing anything at all....I dread doing so in fear of losing the lot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly Helen I wish I'd not bothered. Thank goodness for Perpetua. Now I've added myself to Google plus and my real name is appearing everywhere. Well it can stay because I'm not touching anything else!!

      Delete
    2. Leaving Google+ won't change anything to do with your blog, Linda. I know of a few bloggers who joined, then thought better of it, and they left without any problem. Just don't, whatever you do, say Yes to Google+ comments.

      Delete
    3. If you want to leave Google+ just go to this page: https://support.google.com/plus/answer/1044503?hl=en
      Click on Computer in the list of devices and follow the simple instructions. It won't take you anywhere near Blogger or your blog, promise.

      Delete
  5. So glad it's working properly again now, Ayak. My last thought on the subject is that it might be good to publish a new post as soon as you can, just to get your original URl turning up normally in everyone's feed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've removed myself from Google plus but my name is still on my profile....hmmm

      Delete
    2. Ah....all sorted now. Thanks again xxx

      Delete
    3. You're very welcome. :-)

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x