Pages

Saturday, 26 July 2014

Angry and relieved

The relatives were due to arrive today around 6.30pm.   Mr A told me he would be home around 4.30pm with the meat for the barbeque.

On Thursday I went into Milas and bought the cheese that was requested, which cost me nearly 30 lira...more than a 10kg sack of dogfood, which I'd rather have spent the money on.  I also bought, as requested, 2 kilos each of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and onions. 

Yesterday, David took me into Milas to do shopping and  I bought a barbeque...it wasn't expensive, but it wasn't something we need at the moment, plus some charcoal, also two pillows for our guests, as I had used the spare ones for the dogs kennels.  Along with various other odds and ends.

I was pretty hot and bothered by the time I got home.  I cut my finger quite badly trying to fix something.  I was also up all night with an upset stomach.  This morning I broke up a fight between Chas and Dave, bruising a finger on my other hand in the process.

However, using rubber gloves I managed to make a huge dish of potato salad, and baked a cake. It seemed even hotter today and I still didn't feel particularly well so was unable to eat all day.

4.30pm came and went, and no sign of Mr A, which isn't unusual...he's always late.  Finally he phoned before 5.30pm to tell me that the cousin and husband were on their way and had just phoned him.  It seems they were bringing their two children with them.  No-one mentioned children!  As I said in my previous post, I had only met this couple once before...briefly...some years ago and I didn't recall them having children.  Mr A told them that he wasn't happy about the children coming as we have 9 dogs, and was worried about their safety.   It seems that they have rented a house in Torba (just outside Bodrum) for a holiday and only intended to visit us and stay for one night.  So they decided not to visit us but go straight to Torba.

A bit later on I asked Mr A if he was aware they had children and he said he was but they normally don't take them if they are travelling any distance.  But why the hell couldn't he have asked when they first invited themselves?  Or why could they not have mentioned it? 

I was so angry that I had wasted my time and money on these people.  Mr A didn't come home, deciding that it wasn't worth spending money on petrol.  Thankfully, the cousin had phoned Mr A before he had bought the meat, which was something at least.

I have told Mr A that if in future his relatives want to visit, that's fine with me, but that he will have to be here, and I will go away for the duration.  I've had enough of these haphazard plans, over which I have no control.

BUT...now that I've calmed down, I am relieved of course....even though I will be living on cheese, tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers for the foreseeable future.



12 comments:

  1. Just typical.............relax now and enjoy Bayram.F.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....absolutely bloody typical Fleur xxxx

      Delete
  2. I'd be wild too...having to buy things I didn't need...and facing eating 6 kilos of veg in short order before it went off...what about making bread and butter pickles with some of the cucumber...and grilling and skinning the peppers and putting them down in olive oil...though you probably do that already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think I'll do that with the peppers Helen. The tomatoes will make tomato sauce which I freeze or put in jars. As for the cucumbers, the dogs are enjoying them today. They've already been introduced to carrots and apples which they love...healthy treats!

      Delete
  3. Talk about taking the piss! :( Berkay is so like that too, I always ask him what time we're going anywhere or what we need and then we end up in a mad rush with him moaning at me for not being ready - Duh! I guess it never occurs to them to be organised or know plans in advance, annoying! Enjoy that bloody expensive cheese :| x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It tends to be a Turkish male trait Danni. Infuriating isn't it? As for the bloody cheese, this is the third day of eating it with tomatoes, cucumbers and potato salad. Still loads to go :-(

      Delete
    2. :( Buy some eggs and make lots of omlettes... for breakfast, lunch and dinner lol x

      Delete
    3. Oh didn't I mention? I bought loads of eggs too. Wading through those as well! The dogs are eating the cucumbers, so that's helpful xx

      Delete
  4. I'd be livid if that happened to me, Ayak, so I admire how you're being philosophical about it. At least you don't have to think what you're going to be eating for a while, but how very annoying to have shopped for people who then don't even come. I feel for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Perpetua. It's very annoying, particularly as I try to be so careful with money. xxx

      Delete
  5. Oops, the comment I wrote just disappeared. :( Now I am angry! Ayak, so happy to have found your blog. It is amusing. I felt how lucky I am to have a boyfriend, who is domestic and helps me out a lot with shopping and cooking. ;) Who knows he might change after marriage though? Thanks and happy bayram to your family. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Thanks for finding my blog and I hope now that I have messed about with the URL and reverted back to the original one, that you will be able to find me again! The men often change after marriage...lay down some ground rules and good luck!

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x