Thursday, 31 July 2014

Update Thursday

I won't dwell on my previous post.  What a mess I made of things, but thankfully it's now sorted.

This week has been incredibly hot.  So much so, that even though I had planned a visit over to Gulluk to see a friend, the thought of waiting around for buses, not to mention the climb back up the hill, made me decide that this is not the time for being out and about.

Even going outside to water the garden, or feed the dogs, causes me to sweat buckets, and I'm taking 3 or 4 showers a day now, because we still haven't managed to get our aircon fixed.

I am still feeding the dogs in the village, although now every two days rather than every day.  I really have to try to make the food last as long as possible, and just cannot afford to feed them every day.  They are not in the centre of the village very much.  I suspect they are wary and scared of the men there, so I leave the food and fill up the water containers, so that they can come and eat when there's no-one around.  It's all I can do until such time as we can get them to the shelter.

I will be doing a post about Mr A within the next day or so, about contact with his long lost natural mother.  The heat is affecting my brain and I'm too exhausted to write much more at the moment.  So watch this space.

8 comments:

  1. Found this...so it must be working. How awful that heat must be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is awful Helen, and apparently is going to get hotter in the coming days :-(

      Delete
  2. Sorry the weather's so hot and tiring for you, Ayak. Though I kbnow you want to keep feeding the village dogs, only doing it every other day sounds very sensible until it coolds down a bit.

    I'm pleased to say this post popped up on my blog-roll and in my Feedly feed reader straight away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exhausting Perpetua. I have no energy and things I normall get done in minutes seem to take forever.

      I'm so pleased my blog is back to normal....all that fuss to change one word in the title!! Thankyou xxx

      Delete
  3. So sorry the heat is taking its toll on you, Ayak. I have to report that although it's very hot here, well into the 30s, it's not the sort of weather that makes you sweaty and exhausted - we're very high up and so the air is dry. You do have a lot to do as well, so it's not surprising you're feeling tired if you're having to do it all in great heat. I am going to check my own blog - I know I changed its name a while ago and I don't remember any problems...but then I didn't know to look for them. Maybe I just lost people and didn't notice....Oops! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annie I should never have messed about with my blog, or at least I should have asked Perpetua's advice first...I'll certainly do that in future. I'm sure yours is OK because you haven't changed the URL have you? That was my big mistake xx

      Delete
  4. Can't imagine the horribly hot heat you are going through....is it also humid there. Cause here when it is hot it is so humid that people absolutely can't go outside, very hard to breathe. It's no surprise that you are tired, I would be wiped out.

    I'm leaving for Izmir in 2 weeks and sort of dreading it as our place the air conditioner is not working and my husband's sister bought a summer place in Didem and she also still hasn't installed an air conditioner...YIKESSSS She wants me and my daughter to go there with here...uh no thanks.

    Hopefully the weather will cool a bit I hope.....and you can go out more. take care XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is exhausting Erica. Not helped by the fact that our aircon is still not fixed. Roll on winter!

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x