Pages

Tuesday, 29 July 2014

Yet another failed plan

Mr A came home on Sunday evening because the Muhtar had agreed to provide a vehicle for him and Mr A to round up the dogs and get them to the safety of Milas shelter.

It will come as no surprise (it didn't to me) that the Muhtar let us down.  So another wasted journey for Mr A.

The dogs are still around but they are moving about, sometimes further away from the village.  I am still leaving food down in the centre by the school, and filling the water containers, but when Mr A set off back to work early yesterday morning, he found  them some distance from the village along the back roads. 

It's too difficult for me, without transport, to search for them every day.  They could be anywhere, so I will just continue to leave food and water in the same place.   I think it's likely that they will go there to eat in the middle of the night when there are no people around.

I worry constantly about them.  Every time a hear a gun shot my heart beats so fast...even though common sense tells me it's probably the wild boars being shot to protect the crops.

It might take some time, but we won't give up trying to get these dogs away from the village.

6 comments:

  1. Having just read your last post and this one, I know how angry and disappointed you must be at being let down yet again by the Muhtar. As for poor Mr A and al those wasted journeys, you and he really could do without that. I do hope you can manage to get them to the shelter at some point, Ayak. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not proving easy Perpetua. Made more difficult by the fact that Mr A just cannot afford to keep making the journey back here. All I can do is to continue to leave water and food for them for as long as I can afford to do so.

      Delete
  2. Just read your last posts,. Sorry there are more downs than ups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's life BtoB. Hoping for some more "ups" very soon :-)

      Delete
  3. Ayak, I miss you! Haven't been doing my usual blog rounds in a while cos real life has been so busy. So sorry to hear you're having trouble with the dogs - and more so with the Muhtar. Hope you find the dogs soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deniz. Miss you too! We will just keep battling on with the dogs for as long as we can xxx

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x