Tuesday, 30 September 2014

8 months

On this day exactly 8 months ago on our morning trip to the industrial estate to feed the many dogs there, we discovered a mum with 12 pups, born during the previous night, living in the shell of an old car.  We cleaned out all the broken glass and rubbish from the car, put down towels, fed the mum extra food, and watched carefully over the coming days.



Only 7 of the pups survived.  We found homes for four of them, having treated them for worms and fleas, and given initial vaccinations, and the other three pups came to live with us at just 4 weeks old,  to join the rest of my rescued family...making a total of 9 dogs.

They have since received all their vaccinations and their pet passports, and  like all my rescues, have been neutered.


And now these gorgeous dogs, Chas & Dave and Melek, are 8 months old.  They are a real handful and quite naughty, but so lovable.  I wouldn't be without them for the world.

8 comments:

  1. They've turned into very handsome hounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are completely adorable.....and they wouldn't be here at all if it wasn't for your efforts. Jxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's been so worth it Janice xx

      Delete
  3. They make a handsome trio! it was their lucky day when you brought them home. Nine dogs are a lot to cope with though!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose 9 dogs are a lot to cope with Maggie, but it's surprising how we get used to it xx

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x