Thursday, 29 January 2015

Happy Birthday Melek and Chas

On this day one year ago we discovered newly born pups in the shell of an abandoned car at the sanayi.  There were 12 in the litter but only 7 survived.

We fed the mum, and tried to make them as comfortable as possible with blankets and by covering the car with heavy duty plastic.

We found homes for four of them, and at four weeks old we brought the other three home.  We called them Melek, Chas and Dave.


They were so tiny and we never imagined they would grow so big.



On the 11th January, darling Dave died after a short illness, before he had chance to reach his first birthday.


 We loved him so much and miss him dreadfully.  It doesn't matter how many dogs pass through your life, they are all so special and it's devastating when you lose one, particularly one like Dave who was still so young.

Happy Birthday Melek and Chas.

Rest in Peace lovely Dave....we will never forget you xx

9 comments:

  1. Is it a year already? Yes, you must miss Dave and will never forget him, as I can't forget the cats I've loved over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A year has passed so quickly. It seems like only yesterday. Losing our pets never gets any easier does it?

      Delete
  2. The year went by so fast.....they are such beautiful dogs. You must really miss Dave...but at least he had a good loving short life with you.
    I never forget my doggys....every birthday. I want to get a German Shepherd....but its too expensive to keep one here right now and especially the Vet bills....here they are in the thousands, when you need a Vet..I'll just have to wait for a few more years till my daughter finishes Sussex.......my daughter at school has taken the task of feeding the birds every morning, since they cant keep a pet at school......Take car. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know all the birthdays of my dogs Erica, but of course when you rescue dogs from the streets you have no idea of their history. So it was lovely to have seen these pups just after they were born and watch them grow. Vet bills are a problem. You can't really plan for them. Of course vets are cheaper here but it's all relative. Nice that Jacky is feeding the birds :-)

      Delete
  3. Your photos make a wonderful record of these beautiful pups' first year...it is so sad that Dave cant be here to celebrate. But you do know he had a lovely year with you, and it could have been so different if you hadn't rescued the 3 of them. Jxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have to console ourselves that he at least had a good year Janice. They could have all died before their lives had begun. I love looking at the photos and seeing how much they have changed xx

      Delete
  4. Such a shame, but he had such a better life. It was short but he was loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about Dave, Linda, you know I love your dogs as much as you. Dying to meet new ones in April, have lots of chews. Love Gwen

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x