Saturday, 21 March 2015

The saving of dogs all over Turkey

In recent days there have been arguments and criticism on Facebook between various rescue groups and charities concerning the street dogs and how money is raised to help these dogs.  This kind of thing gets out of hand.  People get angry, and personal, and often people whose sole purpose in life is to cause trouble (in other words trolls) get involved.

It helps no-one...certainly not the dogs.  I try to stay out of these arguments but sometimes my anger gets the better of me and I find myself joining in to defend volunteers who give up their time to do what they can for the dogs.

I have taken a step back from all this nastiness now because frankly I have too much to do with helping the dogs in our area to be bothered with petty squabbles.

This morning I watched a video about the street dogs of Istanbul who are dumped in a forest because of the "out of sight, out of mind" attitude of so many.  If you care about the plight of these dogs and have 25 minutes to spare, please watch this video.  It is so heartwarming to see the dedication of these volunteers.   It has reduced me to tears.

LINK TO VIDEO  "Dogs of the Dream Forest"


And we are now at the start of the tick season.  I have previously used Paraband collars because they seem to be the most effective, although they are expensive  (between 30 and 40 lira each) and I am trying to find a cheaper substıtute so that I can treat as many dogs as possible. Although my 10 rescues don't run around in long grass where they are likely to pick up ticks, this morning I found one on Melek which I managed to remove.  So the sooner they are treated the better.  If you would like to donate towards the cost of this treatment, it would be very much appreciated.  Thankyou

2 comments:

  1. I caught the comment you made on one of the FB sites. It seems amazing to me that people who are supposed to have the best interests of the dogs at heart, can be so aggressive towards each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should not have got involved in it all BtoB but injustice and false accusations against good people make my blood boil. And you think you know people and then they do things that shock you. Human nature I guess. I'll always stand up and defend when I think it's necessary.

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x