Sunday, 5 April 2015

Happy Easter Sunday

I didn't actually realise it was Easter until Friday.  Because it isn't celebrated here, it's easy to forget. To be honest, life is a bit of a whirlwind these days that half the time I don't even know what day it is.

Mr A started his new job over in Gumbet on Wedneday.  It is quiet at the moment, very few customers so he is kicking his heels a bit.  Personnel accommodation is provided which he will make use of.   It wasn't ready to use on Wednesday...it still had to be cleaned, and there was nowhere to hang his clothes.    

We would both rather he came home each day but we need to save on petrol costs.  His job will be as a tour rep, with responsibility for 20 hotels, doing the welcome meetings and selling trips.  He gets a basic salary (and when I say basic...I mean just that!) and his earnings will be made up with commission on ticket sales.  He has been supplied with a uniform of three shirts and two pairs of shorts and has now discovered that he has to pay for these.  I think it's a cheek but I'm not really surprised.  This is typical of Turkish bosses.  They pay you with one hand and take back with the other.

So far he has come home each evening and I was particularly grateful for this on Friday as Olive, the girl we were fostering, arrived.  And in case you haven't read the update on my previous post, we are keeping her.  Her future would have consisted of being moved around until a permanent home was found, and she is such a lovely girl that we can't resist her.  It seems fostering isn't for me.  I admire those who can do it, but I just can't give these dogs up once they have arrived in our home.

Mr A also had Saturday off as it was so quiet in Gumbet, so he was able to help Jim and Steve find Lucy and she and her pups were taken to Tuzla, where they are far safer than in their spot in the village.   I will continue to feed Butch and Jet, her bodyguards.

The six big dogs are getting quite excited every time they see Olive and bark furiously.  Melek and Blondie can jump quite high and I was concerned that they might be able to get over the fence to the enclosure.   Mr A went into Milas and bought some more metal posts and chickenwire and spent the entire day cutting, welding and fixing the fence so that it is higher.  

He also collected three more Paraband collars from the vet, one for Olive and two spare, as these often get lost.  I also wormed Olive.  She is about a year old and has already been spayed.  I am waiting for her pet passport from Jacky so that I can keep her up to date on booster vaccinations.

I couldn't get to sleep last night so used the time to update the header photo on my blog.  I edited my profile to include Olive and add her photo on my sidebar.  I've also increased the size of the text.  I'm sure those of you, like me, who struggle with small print, will find this useful!

So, I'll leave you with my favourite photo.....and wish all of you who celebrate it A Very Happy Easter xx

11 comments:

  1. Happy Easter - I love the new header and the larger print is also greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicky. This larger print is so much easier to deal with :)

      Delete
  2. Wishing you a very happy Easter, Ayak. So you're keeping Olive? What a surprise - I don't think. :-)

    What a cheek to make Mr A pay for his uniform, especially when he depends so much on commission to make his wages up. Turkish bosses don't impress me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither Perpetua :( A very Happy .Easter to you too xx

      Delete
  3. Happy Easter...and it certainly is for Olive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And to you Helen. Olive has fitted right in x

      Delete
  4. Happy Easter! Love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you do Deniz. Happy Easter to you too x

      Delete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x