Sunday, 26 April 2015

Wish you were here....

...well not really.  It's been a hectic week here in England.  I am enjoying the time with my daughter, Billy and Jimi immensely but I am exhausted.

I have walked an awful lot and I have blisters on my feet and my back aches.  A sign that old age is creeping up on me.

Nevertheless, two weeks is never long enough and I am sure this coming week will just fly by.

Billy celebrated his 6th birthday on Thursday, and some of the family popped in after school.  His great-grandfather bought a sandpit as a joint present for Billy and Jimi (whose birthday is on Wednesday) and they had great fun in it.

Billy



Jimi



My daughter and I had an enjoyable lunch out on Friday, and we plan to do the same again on Monday.  I miss her so much and love these precious moments with her.

Yesterday I saw my neice's daughter Elsie, who was born in February.  Beautiful little girl, and last night my brother and sister-in-law took me out for a meal.

Having a cuddle with baby Elsie


Today the boys have a joint party, with a disco, and there will be 40 children there.   It will probably be the most hectic day so far, but I am looking forward to it!

Mr A is managing to get home fairly early every day from work to look after the dogs.  Timmy seems to be outgrowing his bed so I'm afraid Mr A has allowed him onto the bed with the other three little ones.   I would not have given in so soon but Mr A let's the dogs get away with so much.

Timmy getting too big for his bed

The four little ones having a rough and tumble this morning before Mr A left for work


That's all my news for now.

9 comments:

  1. The boys sure have grown and are really adorable....glad you are having a great time with your family. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to grow up far too quickly Erica. Yes I'm having a great time xx

      Delete
  2. So glad you're having a great time, Ayak, despite the blisters Grandchildren are hard work, but worth all the effort, aren't they. I hope the party goes with a swing and everyone enjoys themselves = even Grandma. :)

    As for Mr A and the dogs - he's incorrigible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fantastic party Perpetua. The kids all loved it. It was very noisy but lovely to see chşldren having such a wonderful time.

      Mr A? Incorrigible yes...but I wouldn't change him.

      Delete
  3. You'll be back in time for the next book sale for street animals on May 11th

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Ayak - Book sale is 10th May

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delighted that your break in England is going well - blisters aside! A party for 40 young children will be unforgettable!! Good old Mr. A! Sounds like you're doing all the right things and making the most of your time. Sandpits are such fun!
    Enjoy the rest of your time.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I left a message on fb.....but, the memory isnt too good ! I know you'll be having a wonderful time, try not to catch any UK kiddy germs before you return. Think of the welcome you'll get when you get home...those dogs and Mr A will be so pleased to see you. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're having a good time. Ooh, wish I could attend that book sale!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, but don't feel obliged...I'm just happy you're reading my blog.

Posts are moderated to avoid spam, so if you post under "Anonymous",leave your name at the end of your comment so that I know it's a "real" person!.

If you would like to help my rescue dogs and the strays (dogs and cats) of our village and local industrial estate, please email me for details at lindaikaya@hotmail.com Thankyou x